Serial Products > ICE-TEN

Key mapping

(1/2) > >>

vici:
We are running SCO Open Server on Intel hardware and make extensive use of mscreen. We have a number of older Win 98 PC's running DoubleView (old terminal emulator from Digi) and Wyse 60 compatible terminals (various brands). Mscreen works fine.
For whatever the reason was in the past, the mscreencap uses non-standard function key definitions.
I include the relevant part of the mscreencap file below. I do not want to change this as I would otherwise have to change the function key definitions in all the old PC's and terminals.

I am testing Ice.Ten to replace DoubleView but am unable to get the sequence I want into the function keys.

I want to change the keymap for CTRL-F1 to ^A1^M (CTRL-A, 1, CTRL-M).
I have tried to enter 01h31h0Dh but this is changed automatically to 01h10Dh. I do not mind the change but when I hit that key I get

$ 10Dh
^A10Dh: not found
$

In other words ICE.Ten interprets it as CTRL-A, 10Dh instead of CTRL-A, 1, CTRL-M.

Any suggestions are very welcome because I do not want to have to change the settings in all the old PC's and terminals!

Thanks,

Albert

wy60|wy60w|wy60ak:\
        :who,Shift-F7,^Af\r,:\
        :help,Shift-F8,^Ag\r,:\
        :stop,Shift-F9,^Ah\r,:\
        :quit,Shift-F10,^Ai\r,:\
        :,CTRL-F1,^A1\r,\Ew0:\
        :,CTRL-F2,^A2\r,\Ew1:\
        :,CTRL-F3,^A3\r,\Ew2:\
        :,CTRL-F4,^A4\r,\Ew3:\
        :,CTRL-F5,^A5\r,\Ew4:\
        :,CTRL-F6,^A6\r,\Ew5:\
        :,CTRL-F7,^A7\r,\Ew6:

Bob:
Try 01h10dh

vici:
I did. Same problem.

Bob:
Try 01h31h0dh0ah

vici:
I log in and start mscreen. After mscreen starts it displays a message about which keys can be used and which pseudo ttys have been allocated. A new login for the first pseudo tty, ttyp31 is displayed. I then hit CTRL-F2 to switch to the second screen. Ice.Ten interprets the key sequence I entered incorrectly, as is clear from the output below.

Any other suggestions?

Albert

Terminal type is wy60
who            is Shift-F7
help           is Shift-F8
stop           is Shift-F9
quit           is Shift-F10
ttyp31         is CTRL-F1
ttyp32         is CTRL-F2
ttyp33         is CTRL-F3
ttyp34         is CTRL-F4
ttyp35         is CTRL-F5