ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Font color change  (Read 1431 times)

Allison A

• I'm am NOT a llama!
Font color change
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:27:09 pm »

We have noticed some behavior where colors are changing when running scripts in a Unix environment using Telnet Pro (5.1.19) and we can see this demonstrated just by running a "clear" command from a unix prompt.

In this example I have background set to white, foreground to black, and when I log in, everything looks fine:

But when I do a clear command, the text color will change:

This can be reproduced for any color combination.  The font color will become lighter.  On some color combinations, the text becomes quite unreadable.

Does anybody have an explanation of why the color is changing?  We did not see this behavior in the older ICE.TCP software.

Allison Andrews

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Font color change
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:05:28 pm »

The clear command is doing a terminal reset.

The default foreground for any wyse terminal is the high intensity of the base color. It's kind of a side effect of the fact that a real wyse terminal is not a color terminal (and has green on a black background and not black on white like the telnet pro windows style default).

What I personally do is to change to a white on black color scheme (you could also try something like cyan on black, green on black, etc).

Since you said you didn't see the behavior in older versions I assume you were using 4.3 or the classic client which starts with a black background.

You could try this profile to revert to the old classic client colors:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/TECH.SUPPORT/profiles/wyse60.cfg

Just import it under profiles. Make sure the terminal type is set properly afterward and use the host edit box to change to that profile from the default.

You could also just change the default profile yourself with the profile editor. Make sure that you change all of the colors to something compatible not just the normal foreground and normal background.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 16 queries.