ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: 5 User  (Read 1464 times)

thinc

5 User
« on: January 21, 2009, 02:18:11 pm »

Client has what is listed as 5 user pack of ICE TCP Pro, with only 1 license #, it only allows 2 people on before kicking others out..what am I missing?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: 5 User
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:47:22 am »

The license goes on the ice license server (this can be any windows machine with a writable share).
The users run configwizard on the server to get a sequence number (normally this is done automatically when the user installs the client portion by running the setup.exe from the server's TCP5_USER share).

thinc

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:32:54 pm »

The license goes on the ice license server (this can be any windows machine with a writable share).
The users run configwizard on the server to get a sequence number (normally this is done automatically when the user installs the client portion by running the setup.exe from the server's TCP5_USER share).

I user has the admin installed.  I installed the 2nd user from the network share with no problem.  When I install the 3rd, it says no license information for your company.  If I go to License Admin on the first PC, it says 2 users, 2 of 2 used.  There are 2 licenses #'s entered there.  I am confused on how to add additional ones.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 01:48:47 pm »

2 of 2 users installed means that the license server has TWO not FIVE licenses in it. If they have a 5 user version there should be a separate 5 user license which can be stacked with the 2 single user licenses in the license server then they will be able to install more clients.

thinc

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:01:18 pm »

2 of 2 users installed means that the license server has TWO not FIVE licenses in it. If they have a 5 user version there should be a separate 5 user license which can be stacked with the 2 single user licenses in the license server then they will be able to install more clients.

If it says 5 User, shouldn't it be for 5 users?  On the phone with sales now..thanks!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 02:08:18 pm »

It's the license key that determines the number of users.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 16 queries.