ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN  (Read 1628 times)

glandink

REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« on: April 19, 2004, 10:15:18 am »

I am trying to uninstall the admin program Version 5.0 on a win2k server.  I want to reinstall from scratch, as my license keys aren't being recognized after a rebuild of the server.  The standard windows uninstall does not remove all the registry setting (authorization code ect.).
I have tried the upgrade from the website to no avail.
Symtom of the problem are when entering license keys for seats, I get a message that they are not valid, however, these are the same keys I used on the original install, and they worked e.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Good, bad, what do you care? I'm the one with the *#$@#ing gun!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 12:54:44 pm »

Versions <5.0.81 will not work properly on 2k and XP. Purchase an update to the current version.

Make a backup of your current licenses folder (if it has any licenses in it).
If you had version <5.0.81 remove the registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER->SOFTWARE->J.RIVER and
HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->J.RIVER
Install the update.
Enter your existing license(s) into the liceseadmin program if they are not already there upon the reinstall.

You should be set at this point to do user installs. Make sure to share the TCP5_USER share will full control for all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:07:58 pm by Bob »

glandink

REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 01:59:29 pm »

I don't have any license folders, as it's a new install on a rebuilt server.
Here's a bit more information.
This version of ICE ran fine on the Win2k server until it crashed as was rebuilt.  At that time, all of the clients ran fine without  ICE Admin.  I have reinstalled the ICE Admin, but I cannot register any of the licenses we have.  THey where fine on the old install.  I wonder if I entered the wrong authorization code during the reinstall, and that is causing the failure of the licenses.  I have tried removing ICe with the windows uninstaller, but when I reinstall the program it does not require the auth code.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 02:35:28 pm »

The server is static. It's only needed to get a license or when adding a new client machine. Make SURE the company name in licenseadmin is EXACTLY the same as on your license certificate then use the licenses tab to enter your license number.

Once the licenseadmin looks good you can get the users back into the license folder by going to each client machine and browsing to the tcp5_user share on your new license admin server and running configwizard under the TCP-PRO subdir.

glandink

REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 03:10:19 pm »

You're missing my point, I need to completely uninstall ICE_TCP.  This version ran fine on Win2k before the server rebuild, and it is running fine now. I cannot get the admin program to recognize any valid key codes.  Therefore, I think that the authorization codes are incorrect and would like to completely uninstall the admin program so that I can re-enter the authorization code.
I am not having problems with the clients, however, I did do a clean install of Win2k and now need to get the TCP_Admin program running so that I can reinstall ICE to those clients.  

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 03:32:49 pm »

You're missing my point, I need to completely uninstall ICE_TCP.
No, you do NOT need to worry about the old registry entries for the server side!
 This version ran fine on Win2k before the server rebuild, and it is running fine now. I cannot get the admin program to recognize any valid key codes.  Therefore, I think that the authorization codes are incorrect and would like to completely uninstall the admin program so that I can re-enter the authorization code.
As I said in the last post, the problem should be that you are using a company name that DOESN'T EXACTLY MATCH the keys you have. You need to go to the folder tab on licenseadmin in put in the exact comany name as it is in your email with the license key. After doing that your license key should be accepted.
I am not having problems with the clients, however, I did do a clean install of Win2k and now need to get the TCP_Admin program running so that I can reinstall ICE to those clients.  
Should not be a problem once you get the license into licenseadmin.

glandink

REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 02:08:54 pm »

Thanks for your patience.
How do I change the authorization codes and re-enter the company name?  The only place I could enter this info is during the first install of the TCP admin files.  Subsequent reinstalls do not allow me to change those codes.  I'm not in front of the machine right now, but I'm fairly sure that on the license admin, those fields are ghosted.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
REMOVING ICE_TCP ADMIN
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 09:41:06 am »

When you run licenseadmin there are 3 tabs across the top. The rightmost tab is the "Folder" tab and contains the path to the license folder which you shouldn't have to change, and the company name. If you start to type in a new name in the "company name" field the "update name" button will become unghosted.

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.