ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Software Installation  (Read 3754 times)

sidneymccoy

• I'm a llama!
Software Installation
« on: December 18, 2003, 09:21:36 pm »

My apologies for my inexperience with J.River products.  We are moving from PCs to a Windows2000/3 terminal server - at present users use DejaWinT to interface with SCO ANSI unix system.  In preparation for this transition, I am installing the software to a workstation but have not yet located the DejaWinT component to configure the connection.  Question 1) What am I missing in installing ICE.TCP PRO v5.0 workstation to locate/launch DejaWinT?   Question 2) What must be done to install this software to a multi-user environment such as Microsoft Windows 2000/3 Terminal Services?   ...   Thank you

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re:Software Installation
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 09:48:06 am »

My apologies for my inexperience with J.River products.  We are moving from PCs to a Windows2000/3 terminal server - at present users use DejaWinT to interface with SCO ANSI unix system.  In preparation for this transition, I am installing the software to a workstation but have not yet located the DejaWinT component to configure the connection.  Question 1) What am I missing in installing ICE.TCP PRO v5.0 workstation to locate/launch DejaWinT?   Question 2) What must be done to install this software to a multi-user environment such as Microsoft Windows 2000/3 Terminal Services?   ...   Thank you

If you are going to access ICE.TCP PRO with thin client machines (i.e. terminal server or citrix) you need to get the current version 5.1.19 (you do need your license key(s) of course).
If you plan to use thin clients, you will also need a thin client license. PRO will not work for thin clients without a thin client license. Contact sales at 612.677.8200 to enquire about cost.

If you are simply going to run PRO on the 2003/terminal server console as a regular user your existing licenses will work as long as you update the version you are running. If you update from 5.0 to 5.1.x you need to update the license server as well as the other machines that are running 5.0.

Hope this answers your question!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:16:57 pm by Bob »

sidneymccoy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 12:09:48 pm »

Thank you very much for your response to Question 2 - the timeline is projected for early next year ... still seeking solution to Question 1 - the more pressing issue of getting DejaWinT installed in the first place.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 09:56:53 pm »

Thank you very much for your response to Question 2 - the timeline is projected for early next year ... still seeking solution to Question 1 - the more pressing issue of getting DejaWinT installed in the first place.

http://www.jriver.com/support/ice-tcp-pro.html

This should answer basic install questions. Make sure you get the current version as I pointed out above before trying to install on XP or 2003. You will be able to run the current version directly on the 2003 machine. You will not be able to run that version over thin clients. You may obtain a thin client demo license by contacting support via email at
support@jriver.com

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.