ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Display problem  (Read 2153 times)

aaarentall

• Place Personal Text Here
Display problem
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:59:25 pm »

Using windows XP 800 x 600 resolution -color quality highest 32 bit. We cannot get screen to display data. However an esc/p prints the data which should be displayed. We have tried changing foreground and background colors with no help. Appears ice is working but just not graphically displaying.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Display problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:21 pm »

Do you ever see anything in the black box? (like the copyright?)
Try changing the color settings to white on black.

If you never see any text then there must be something off about the video driver. Try different color depths in the windows screen settings.

aaarentall

Re:Display problem
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 04:26:19 pm »

The Dejawin takbar shows fine...I had him try to change colors to black/white and background , the background was black but no writing on screen. I tried a delete to program, reboot reinstall, no help. The ice 10 program did work fine for two months and suddenly stopped displaying.I have another computer identical in every way that is not having any trouble with ice. On a previous post you suggested removing the dejawin.ini file to completly delete dejawin, however I could not find that file

aaarentall

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 07:31:25 am »

Additional info: The version etc does appear in white letters on black background as specified in the setice colors. No "logon" can be seen but it is there because we can type logon password and get into the program and esc/P and print the screen.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Display problem
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 09:34:19 am »

Ok so what that means is that the base colors are wrong and you can't change them for some reason. Deleting the ini file should help. It should be in your windows directory (c:\windows or c:\winnt) and will be dejawin.ini or icewin.ini

aaarentall

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 11:06:32 am »

ok got the icewin.ini, what about bdejawinb.ini and dejawinb.ini files.? Do they need to be renamed as well ?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Display problem
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 03:56:14 pm »

They shouldn't matter but it wouldn't hurt to rename them either.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.