ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Auto-login value for a Tab character  (Read 1686 times)

mhaglund

Auto-login value for a Tab character
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:35:07 pm »

I have ICE.TCP (old version) and want to know if there is a character I can use to represent a Tab character for an auto-login. This would be similar to using a semicolon to represent a linefeed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: Auto-login value for a Tab character
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »

We no longer sell or support the classic 16-bit version of ICE.TCP.  Here is a link to keymapping in ICE.TCP PLUS, which may or may not work:  http://www.icetcp.com/support/keymap_ten.html
Otherwise, you could check keymapping in the old manual.

mhaglund

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »

I don't think that this will be solved by keymapping. I looked at the current ICE.TCP PLUS documentation and the procedure for what I need is essentially the same as my version. I may not have been clear enough in explaining my situation.

I am trying to run a Unix application, via command line statements, after I auto-login to the Unix machine. The documentation states that a semicolon can be used to represent a carriage return for when utilizing the command line option (page 10 in the ICE.TCP PLUS manual). What I am trying to do also requires one Tab as part of my command line instructions. I am wondering if there is a character to represent a Tab, in the same way that a semicolon represents a carriage return.

Thank you , in advance.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 02:47:30 pm »

I don't think that this will be solved by keymapping. I looked at the current ICE.TCP PLUS documentation and the procedure for what I need is essentially the same as my version. I may not have been clear enough in explaining my situation.

I am trying to run a Unix application, via command line statements, after I auto-login to the Unix machine. The documentation states that a semicolon can be used to represent a carriage return for when utilizing the command line option (page 10 in the ICE.TCP PLUS manual). What I am trying to do also requires one Tab as part of my command line instructions. I am wondering if there is a character to represent a Tab, in the same way that a semicolon represents a carriage return.

Thank you , in advance.
The only mapped character is the ; to c/r.
You could try putting in a placeholder character then using a hex editor to change that character in the CommStr in icetcp.ini.
No guarantees, just a guess....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:22:52 pm by Bob »

mhaglund

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »

I am now trying to auto-connect and auto-login to my unix application using the current Trial versions of ICE.TCP.PLUS and ICE.TCP Pro v5.28. I will try Version 4.21, if need be.

Now, my question is whether I can still get a Tab character to work in auto-login. Once I login to a Unix session, I then need to have series of commands to start and login to an application. One of the things I need to have as part of the login procedure is an actual tab. Can ICE.TCP.PLUS and/or ICE.TCP Pro versions 4.21 or 5.28 accommodate what I need. Currently, Ericom's PowerTerm can handle it thru their scripting language. For us to continue with ICE, I need to know if this capability exists.

Thank you for any help you can give me with this.

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 20 queries.