ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Screen Freezes Intermitantly  (Read 873 times)

sphilip

• Place Personal Text Here
Screen Freezes Intermitantly
« on: June 30, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »

Telnet Pro 5.0.81

I have recently had to format and re-install a number of PC's in my organization.  I re-installed the same Win2000 Pro which came with the systems.  We use ICE TCP PRO to connect to an HP-UX 11.0 server, hosting our main application.  We have a 100 user license.  Not all workstations are on the same version level though.  Some are on 5.0.81 and others on 5.1.07.

My problem is that some of the newer systems will freeze up.  The user will be using ICE without a problem for a short period of time, 5 - 60 minutes.  Then out of the blue, it seems that ICE is thinking he CTRL key is pressed.  If the user presses "a" the entire screen highlights press "c" the entire screen is copied into the clipboard, then open notepad and press [CTRL]+[V] it will paste it.  

This is happening on 4-5 systems.  I have been running a mixed version environment without a problem for a long time now so I do not feel that is the problem.  Our users need to have the ability to copy and paste information from ICE.  

sphilip

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:24:36 pm »

Searched a little deeper into the posts and found the answer to my question.  Has the Newer version been released?  How can I get it? :)

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re:Screen Freezes Intermitantly
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 01:48:22 pm »

Get an updated version. Installing it won't effect your current licenses and data if you cancel out when you get to configwizard.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:34:49 pm by Bob »

Miller

Re:Screen Freezes Intermitantly
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 01:00:56 pm »

We are experiencing the same issue.  We have downloaded and installed a updated version, but this did not fix the issue.  Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:35:06 pm by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 04:30:47 pm »

Are you sure it's the same issue?

When it appears that you can't do anything, with the mouse cursor in the emulation box, hit and release (one at a time) both control keys, both alt keys, both shift keys.

You should then be "unfrozen" if this was the same problem as yours.

Report back your results.

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 20 queries.