ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Updating Pro Versions before 5.0.81, and Registry Related Problems  (Read 6889 times)

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist

If you originally installed ICETCP Pro version older than 5.0.81 (released 3/21/02), and are having problems installing/running Pro on computers with Windows2000 or XP, then you need to update all computers at your site to the latest version (see below for details on updating). This includes doing an Admin Server Install on the Pro server computer, and reinstalling (from the server computer) the client portion for every computer using Pro on the network.

Versions before 5.0.81 can generate registry related problems, especially on Win2000 & XP machines. Registry related problems include the ConfigWiz program unable to run properly, and/or unable to get/store a sequence number for that computer, TelnetPro getting an error when trying to connect, or TelenetPro unable to save host names or profile data after exiting.

Versions before 5.0.81 must be FULLY reinstalled with a current version. A partial reinstall (reinstalling only machines having problems) may fix things for awhile, but it can generate unexpected (and unexplainable) problems in non-updated computers in the future. For this reason, WE CANNOT PROVIDE SUPPORT for any registry related problems for customers who have not reinstalled ALL their computers running Pro to a version 5.0.81 or later.

UPDATING ICETCP PRO
Obtain the latest version of TCP.PRO. Select the Admin Server install, and install it on (replacing) your existing Pro server. Your existing license keys, company name, and user list will remain intact.

After installing the new server, run the user install on each computer that has Pro software on it. Browse to the drive on each computer to the server, and install the program from the server (NOT the CD), according to the instructions in the manual.

NOTE: If the Pro client (user) software from a version before 5.0.81 was installed on a Win2000 or XP machine prior to installing a current version, you still may have registry problems (ie running ConfigWiz) after installing the current version. See the post entitled "Problems installing/running Pro on some XP & Y2k machines" elsewhere on this forum for details.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:53:31 pm by Bob »

njh001

• Place Personal Text Here
Updating Pro Versions before 5.0.81, and Registry Related Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 02:03:01 pm »

i searched for this but couldn't find it:
"Problems installing/running Pro on some XP & Y2k machines"

Can you tell me what search words to use to see this post?

Karen

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Updating Pro Versions before 5.0.81, and Registry Related Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 04:19:21 pm »

i searched for this but couldn't find it:
"Problems installing/running Pro on some XP & Y2k machines"

Can you tell me what search words to use to see this post?

Karen
Interesting, looks like the search on Subject is broken. I'll check into that. However that message is marked as a sticky so it's only a couple of messages below this one in the TCP-PRO forum.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.