ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Ice tcp pro and wyse160-25lines  (Read 870 times)

bobmanuk

• Place Personal Text Here
Ice tcp pro and wyse160-25lines
« on: April 27, 2005, 09:27:35 am »

with an older version of ice tcp pro (5.0.67) we were able to connect to our systems with wyse160-25 lines, but with the new version it kicks users off, the only way around it is to use wyse160-24lines but then the menus of the system appear 1 line up or down and the cursor text is above or below (depending on which way the line has moved) after a bit of hunting arround and testing on the system i think it may be related to termcap but there is no entry for wyse160-25 lines in ANY of the termcap files on our system, i was told that it might be a feature that was taken out of the older version but i dont have a copy of the old client to try and find out, also even if i did we dont have the licenses for the old version so trying to get a license for the old version is near impossible.

i hope i have given enough infor to help,

MattyG

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:43:00 pm »

24 lines is normal for the emulation. The old version probably reported back WYSE160 as the terminal type when in 25 line mode but the new version reports back WYSE160-25 which is actually correct. The application is responsible for turning on the 25 line when it needs one. The emulation properly responds to this code.

That said, you can easily make your own wyse160-25 terminfo entry.

As root on the unix machine (assume it's sysv compatible)
First change into your terminfo directory (location varies on different versions of unix), i.e.
cd /usr/share/lib/terminfo
or
cd /usr/lib/terminfo
or
cd /usr/share/terminfo
then
infocmp wyse160 >foo
then use your favorite editor like vi to edit foo
A typical first uncommented line looks like this:

wy160|wyse160|Wyse 160,

change it to

wy160-25|wyse160-25|Wyse 160,

Then go down to the entry containing the number of rows. i.e:

cols#80, lh#1, lines#24, lw#8, nlab#8, wsl#80,

change it to

cols#80, lh#1, lines#25, lw#8, nlab#8, wsl#80,

save your foo and and do:

tic foo

You should now have a wyse160-25 definition in your terminfo database (under w)

If you application uses termcap instead (unlikely) just edit /etc/termcap and copy the wyse160 lines and make similar changes to the new copy.

bobmanuk

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 04:37:04 am »

we do use termcap, which the system administrator is reluctant to change, he doesnt want me to do anything to the system that could stop other users from working so i am going to give this info to him and he will change termcap as and when he see's fit.

cheers for the help.

Mattyg

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.