ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Citrix/Terminal Server Questions and Answers  (Read 21130 times)

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Citrix/Terminal Server Questions and Answers
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 10:42:03 pm »

So you are using terminal server 2k? The WINNT folder IS the windows directory. The ONLY icetcp.ini file that will be read is the one in that directory.

This means that if you were using IceLP before you reloaded everything you MUST have had some way to preserve the users WINNT directory across sessions.

I don't know anything about where that setting is in terminal server but I can tell you that you must get the above scenario working for individual users or you will not be able to have unique printers for each user.

jgalog

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 07:36:08 am »

Hey Bob... The only thing I reloaded was the icelp .... Nothing else ... So my server is just like it was before the issue started ...  Do you know anyone else that could help. ??? or do you have any other ideas ...thanks JOHN

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 09:26:33 am »

Jim and I know more about the various ICE products than anyone. We wrote most of it. Since IceLP always has stored it's settings in the icetcp.ini file it must be that something has changed on the server.

For this to EVER have allowed different printers for different users in terminal server, the WINNT directory MUST have been unique for each user.

What version of terminal server are you using???

jgalog

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:16 am »

windows 2000 with terminal server  ....  I tried something Different ... I took the new version off and put my original 5.0 ver for terminal server and citrix on. Now it writes the proper *.ini file but when you run Icelp the configuation says it's right and is reflected in the proper ini file but When you look at the Icelp setting after open the icelp, It reflects the setting in the main ICETCP.ini file. and I get a error "can't create printer only when I send a job...... NOW WHAT HELP ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:34:21 am by jgalog »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 01:12:16 pm »

You should NOT use 5.0 on windows 2000 or newer. If it's older than 5.0.81 you will run into registry related problems.

Since IceLP does NOT use the registry and it's always used ICETCP.INI it won't work any different with an older version.

There is only one ICETCP.INI file, the one in the users WINNT directory.

Are you SURE you are using IceLP and not passthrough printing??

jgalog

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 01:27:37 pm »

OK for example each user on my terminal server when created has a fold that looks like this that houses it individual setting -
EX- C:\Documents and Setting\Carver\Windows -  Carver is the user - Inside each windows directory at the end of the path holds a icetcp.ini file . That is where each users settings are housed. Something is going on with the registry or the license one ....  HELP ! ??? ???

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 02:14:03 pm »

As far as the user is concerned, there is only one ICETCP.INI file, the one in their Windows or Winnt directory.

When the user gets a terminal server session, the ICETCP.INI file that is in the Windows/Winnt dir is the one IceLP uses.

If the settings for IceLP are not being preserved across sessions (which is what your problem sounds like) you need to find out how to do that on the terminal server machine. We cannot provide support for terminal server, you must call microsoft for that.

IceLP does NOTHING different for terminal server than it does for a standalone user. There are NO special IceLP settings for terminal server. It's all there in front of you. It's terminal server that you have to make do what you want.

jgalog

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 12:46:49 pm »

Terminal Server is doing everything else just fine .... It's the ICE.TCP that not working right. Do you have a list of the registry settings for ICElp . So I can change or check my setting. JOHN 

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 06:39:27 pm »

Ummm, PLEASE read what I said before!

There are NO registry settings for IceLP. It doesn't use the registry.

When a user logs in to terminal server and starts IceLP, it will use the settings in the ICETCP.INI file in the users WINDOWS directory. Any thing you do to change how the system acts with IceLP will have to change the ICETCP.INI file in the users WINDOWS directory. Open it with notepad! It's an easy to read text file!

Just some ideas you could mess around with:
If you have some sort of user startup script you could copy a specific ICETCP.INI file to the users WINDOWS directory when they log in and before they run ICELP. Theoretically you could have a different ICETCP.INI file for each user that way and prevent them from modifying it by coping a specific one in each time they start a session. Remember this is just a suggestion. This is totally a WINDOWS issue!

n.smith

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 05:51:32 pm »

Hello.

We have just purchased ICE.TCP Pro for Terminal Server/Citrix. The documentation does not contain any step-by-step guide as to how to install this in a load balanced Citrix environment.

The software installation guide talks about doing a server install for this entire network and then on one server, and then performing a network user install??

We would like to have 3 identical standalone configurations of ICE.TCP so should any one of our terminal servers be offline ICE.TCP will continue to function normally. This has been the case with our older version of the software.

Please can you advise detailing step-by-step instructions on how we can achieve this.

Thanks.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 09:28:49 am »

Have you registered your licenses yet? PM me with your company name. The installation depends on what kind of terminal server licenses you have.

n.smith

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 10:47:36 am »

Bob, I've not registed yet as I've only just recieved the product and I'm waiting for the invoice for my supplier in the UK. How do I register? I can't seem to send you a Personal Message either?? We have purchased ICE.TCP Pro 5.1 Terminal server/Citrix, 100 user unlimited server license.

Please help?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 11:01:15 am »

PM me with your company name and who you purchased the product through and I'll do what I can to get you going....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:56:10 am by Bob »

isreal

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 07:18:22 am »

If I have a license service on the network already, do I just put the Terminal Server license on that one? Or do I need to install the license server on my terminal server?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 09:57:13 am »

I would put a new copy of the license server on the terminal server machine only for use with the terminal server licenses. Note that this means you should NOT run Pro on the console itself (the actually physical keyboard and monitor attached to the terminal server) unless you reserve sequence number 1 on the license server for the standalone Pro PC's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.