ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Terminal Type  (Read 2486 times)

admincpb

Terminal Type
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:06:05 am »

Hello there,

I'm testing the new ICE.TCP Plus on a Windows 8 machine to migrate all old 10 XP workstations. I'm having trouble to get the terminal type right. I can get a connection towards our SCO OpenServer Unix server, but after I logon I see the session is coming up, but then the screen disappears.

On our old Windows XP workstations we have 6.09n installed with WYSE60, 24 lines configured, but with press04 typed behind it. This setting is under Permanent Settings => Terminal Type. The exact line after Terminal Type says 'W1 press05'. This setting is also saved in the ICETCP.DAT file on the old version.

Can somebody help me on this?

Best regards,

Coen
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:12:52 am by admincpb »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Terminal Type
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:32:53 pm »

The addendum on the old version is setting a custom terminal type.
Someone must have created a "press04" terminal type on your SCO box.

Settings->Configuration->Connect->Alternate Terminal line
is where you put that
press04
string now.

admincpb

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:02:57 am »

Dear Bob,

Thanks for the answer.

I allready tried that, as I thought it would be this setting. We have been able to further troubleshoot this problem. As following:

The terminal types on the SCO box are needed (supplier says so). There are press01, press02, press03....etc.
If I set the Alternate Terminal Line to use f.e. press03, Dejawin shows press0 in the environment. If I use f.e. 'w1' it's correct.

This user can work now, but a second user is not possible because of the same terminal type in us ('press0').
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:12:25 am by admincpb »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:55:57 am »

Dear Bob,

Thanks for the answer.

I allready tried that, as I thought it would be this setting. We have been able to further troubleshoot this problem. As following:

The terminal types on the SCO box are needed (supplier says so). There are press01, press02, press03....etc.
If I set the Alternate Terminal Line to use f.e. press03, Dejawin shows press0 in the environment. If I use f.e. 'w1' it's correct.

This user can work now, but a second user is not possible because of the same terminal type in us ('press0').
It works fine here when I test it (i.e. press04)
I suspect your custom terminal type reader on the SCO side is broken.
You could just try adding a space or period after the string to see if the SCO side is just cutting off the last character.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.