ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Dejawin locks up randomly  (Read 2401 times)

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Dejawin locks up randomly
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:54:55 pm »

We received our new computers running Windows 7 Professional and dejawin locks up at various points when trying to make invoices. I am connecting through a USB to serial adapter and I matched the port settings, but it seems to still lock up usually in the middle of typing an invoice.

I have the port configured. It's kind of weird where some terminals seem to be working I think. The people using them might not be using it enough to cause it to freeze. Our counter computer has been working fine all day and just now it froze up. Around 3 of the terminals freeze up within a few minutes of using the dejawin. Is there any other way to connect it other than through a serial port?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Dejawin locks up randomly
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:04:10 pm »

Serial trouble like this is difficult to debug.
There are some background programs on windows, i.e. virus checkers, mouse drivers that mess with the serial port for no particular reason.

You may have flakey USB to Serial converters or you might be having trouble with leaving inputs floating on the serial adapters.

One thing to try is to set the configuration for Dejawin to use only xon/xoff protocol.
Then wire the serial side of the converters like the figure below. You don't want to change anything dealing with pins 2 and 3 and 5. Just add the looping back connection on each plug of 1, 6 and 4. What this does is tell the serial port that it has valid active input using it's own output signal.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:09:52 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 29 queries.