ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP Plus Install Failure on Windows 11  (Read 3091 times)

cnorman33

ICE.TCP Plus Install Failure on Windows 11
« on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:58 am »

I had ICE.TCP PLUS installed on a Windows 10 Pro PC.  That PC failed and was replaced by a PC running Windows 11 Pro.  Initially we could not find the installation CD so I downloaded the trial version from the website.  That installed and works without problem.  In the mean time we found the CD but I am unable to install the program using the CD.  When I run the Setup.exe file from the CD I see the little animation next to the cursor that indicates something is happening.  After a few seconds this animation goes away and no further activity occurs.  If I go to Task Manager I see 32-bit Setup Launcher (32 bit) listed as a Background Process with no activity.  I use End Task to exit the process.  I have tried running Setup.exe as an Admin and using every compatibility mode that is available, with the same results.  The back of the CD sleeve shows Bld 1.0.28, Mar2008 and shows a 25-PC license size for Product Name ICE.TCP PLUS.  There is a Serial Number listed but I hesitate to provide that on a public forum.  This was purchased by RMF Steel Products Co.  I would appreciate any help you can provide to help me get the program installed on my new PC.  Thank you.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ICE.TCP Plus Install Failure on Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 09:22:30 am »

You need a current version.
The CD version is too old to run properly on Windows 11.
contact
deanna (at) jriver.com
for upgrade pricing.

cnorman33

Re: ICE.TCP Plus Install Failure on Windows 11
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 10:26:34 am »

Thank you for the reply.  Working on getting a current version.

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 29 queries.