ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Still having License problems  (Read 884 times)

MikeDAvis

• Place Personal Text Here
Still having License problems
« on: September 21, 2005, 11:37:50 am »

I changed the program from read-only and tried to setup Ice tcp pro on a win98 computer again and I got the same license message. So I checked the License Admin program from the win98 computer and I got a Not Licensed, or number of authorized users exceeded.
I went to the host computer which is running win XP Pro started up license admin and it showed Your total number of Authorized user is 50, which 29 are allocated, 21 are available.
What will be stopping the setup on a win98 computer. It gets all the way to the sequental number and license file when it says on company information. and halts the setup. It is not a maped drive just a shared folder on the host computer.

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Still having License problems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 02:41:50 pm »

The most likely source of the problem is that the win98 machine does not have full read/write access to the licensing folder on the admin computer. Both the TCP5_User folder and the License folder that's under  TCP5_User needs full access for all users.

A test to see if the access is set properly, go to the win98, and browse over the net to the Admin computer and to the License folder, and try to create a junk sub folder or file. If you are unable to create a folder from the win98 machine, then the access isn't set properly.

Jim

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 20 queries.