ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Handle is invalid - icelp message  (Read 2182 times)

crotrei

• Place Personal Text Here
Handle is invalid - icelp message
« on: December 13, 2005, 09:52:32 am »

Hi,

When a customer of ours tries to print using icelp they get a message that says, "Check printer settings, handle is invalid". They are using a used oki 320 turbo they bought to replace a regular oki 320. I've gone through the settings, changed drivers for the printer, tried printing as admin, turned off mcaffee and they still get that message. I'm out of ideas here ???

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:56:09 am »

Sounds like you've tried most of the common potential problems.

Does this work on a different machine at the site or is this a single PC install?
What kind of printer?
Is it local or networked?
Did you try debugging icelpd on the server (if you don't have others using it at that site)?

crotrei

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 12:49:32 pm »

This is happening on different types of printers (laser and dot matrix). I have two customers now who are getting this message. They are both remote stores (pc with printer aux'd off back parallel). It is setup as a local printer. Haven't debugged icelpd, don't know how. Will look for articles on that in other postings. Not sure if maybe there was a new windows update that is causing this because it just started happening a day or two ago.   :-\

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:18:39 pm »

Check to see if icelpd is unblocked in the windows firewall. Also check to see if some firewall exists. It uses port 2346

crotrei

Re:Handle is invalid - icelp message
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:30:47 am »

Well, I turned the firewall off completely. It wasn't that. I did a Windows System Restore back 2 weeks to a time they could print before, and it was successfull, they were able to print after that. There are 2 possible things that may have caused this. Both are on SP2 with automatic updates set, and both had out of date Mcaffee software.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 08:47:13 am »

The MacAffee software also blocks ports if I remember right. You probably only want one firewall active at any time.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.