ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: upgrade from tcp for windows v6.091  (Read 2779 times)

BillK

• Place Personal Text Here
upgrade from tcp for windows v6.091
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:13:06 pm »

Hi,
I'm somewhat new at this.  I have upgraded a client from TCP for Windows version 6.091 to TCP Pro v5.1.  Everything works correctly except the display paints incorrect letters and the cursor position is not where expected.  I suspect I do not have the terminal parameters correctly set but cannot figute it out.  I have a copy of the dat configuration file which was used with the prior version.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 04:46:05 pm »

I would check the terminal type first. The old dat file would have something like
w1 for wyse60 24 line or a25 for ansi 25 line (set that in the new default profile for telnetpro and restart telnet pro).

You could also try the classic client (you have a choice during install). It's much more like the old 16 bit client you were using.

BillK

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:46 pm »

I created a profile and telnet pro runs correctly.  However, I cannot get the OCX to function properly.  I checked the terminal type in my code (object.getterminaltype) and it is correct.  How do I get the OCX to run the profile I created?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 02:37:44 pm »

Oh, you are using the API. The default is ansi 25 line I believe. The ocx is fed profile information from the container. It has a default profile in it but does not by itself read and write to the registry.

You will want to check out the API thread. In particular:
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=42;start=15

Look for the post:
OLE-API Questions - set/get profile call structure

BillK

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 09:44:29 am »

Thanks.  I was able to set the terminal type based upon the info in the thread which you referenced.  I set it in the onconnectioncomplete event.  I still have a problem, however.  It appears the data from the host is being printed too far left and the cursor position is too far right.  I don't know if that is a font issue or what.  I tried to change the font (also in the OnConnectionComplete event) but it didn't seem to work.  The appearance of the screen does not seem to change.  By the way, for your information, our development environment is VB6 and I know precious little about C.  

Can you please provide some other hints?

Bill

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 10:01:47 am »

I just sent you a message asking for a screenshot. The default font SHOULD be ICE437.
You probably have to do an install of PRO on the machine you are testing on or find another way to get the 437 font over there or else you will be getting the system default (which is usually courier or courier new but you MAY be getting a proportional font).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 10:58:55 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 11:02:57 am »

Just looked at your screenshots. The API version IS using a proportional font (which is not going to work with screen position based apps).

Try putting the ICE fonts, at least the 437 ones, into your windows fonts directory. I'm not sure if you have to do anything to tell the system they are there but the ocx uses 437 by default.

BillK

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 06:21:13 am »

Hi Bob,
Thanks.  The ICE437 Fonts are already there.  I have tried setting them both in my code and the sample code I downloaded from your web site and I can't determine if they are being used.  If I pause the program and query the dejavu.font.name I get "ICE 437" but, the display does not seem to change.  I'll email you the screen shot and a snippet of my code.

Bill

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 09:59:45 am »

It's obvious by looking at your dump that the font is still proportional, the 437 font is a fixed font. If in your example DejaVu1 is the control, try using Courier or Courier New as the  Font.Name. It could be that ICE 437 isn't installed properly on your computer (check this by trying to select ICE 437 in windows Notepad.exe)

BillK

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 10:34:42 am »

I set the ICE 437 font in notepad and it appears to be
correct.  I then set the font in your sample program (vbdejavu) to courier, then courier new and then ICE 437 and the font is still being displayed proportionally.
I emailed the screen shots yesterday.  It would appear that the font is not getting reset correctly in the OCX.  After I set it, if I pause the program and query the object
(dejavu.font.name) I get the font name I have set but the display is still not correct.
Bill

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 11:39:19 am »

I have no new information for you. I know that others are using this however. As soon as I can get some time I will try to duplicate your setup as much as possible.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 03:18:13 pm »

After doing some testing, it looks like it's a problem in the dejavu.ocx that was introduced when we went to static linking of the mfc42.dll. I'm not sure when it will be fixed but in the meantime you can go back to the version before the linking change:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/tcp-pro-demo119.exe

I've verified that version works properly.

BillK

Re:upgrade from tcp for windows v6.091
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 04:55:20 pm »

Thanks.  Seems to work fine.
Bill

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 20 queries.