ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: 16 BIT ERROR MESSAGE  (Read 1694 times)

parrtyplace

• Place Personal Text Here
16 BIT ERROR MESSAGE
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:43:12 pm »

I found this post and am questioning the response about having to up grade. we have several computers with XP SP2 and all have auto updates
i had to reformat one computer and after loading all my software including ice ten i get this message

I am using ICE-TEN for serial application. I have been using this software on this PC for several months. Then one day it will not load because of the following message. 16 Bit Windows Sub System  C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications Choose "CLOSE" to terminate this application. When i click on Dejawin to run, this message come up, I have tried to uninstall this software and it still comes up with this message for uninstall too. Like I stated before, this software had been running on this PC and now it is not, any suggestions?

all of our computers are running ice ten with current updates without a problem, also the XP disk for this computer is old and i have not hooked up to the internet yet which will look for all current updates

was there a different solution to this problem since these post in 2005

thanks

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
16 BIT ERROR MESSAGE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:25:19 pm »

I found this post and am questioning the response about having to up grade. we have several computers with XP SP2 and all have auto updates
i had to reformat one computer and after loading all my software including ice ten i get this message

I am using ICE-TEN for serial application. I have been using this software on this PC for several months. Then one day it will not load because of the following message. 16 Bit Windows Sub System  C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications Choose "CLOSE" to terminate this application. When i click on Dejawin to run, this message come up, I have tried to uninstall this software and it still comes up with this message for uninstall too. Like I stated before, this software had been running on this PC and now it is not, any suggestions?
You are running an old 16 bit version of ICE.TEN on that PC. We don't support running 16 bit versions on XP. You should update to a 32 bit version. You will not be able to uninstall it either without 16 bit support on your XP box. If you want to remove it, just delete the directory that ICE.TEN is in, it doesn't use any registry entries.

all of our computers are running ice ten with current updates without a problem, also the XP disk for this computer is old and i have not hooked up to the internet yet which will look for all current updates

was there a different solution to this problem since these post in 2005

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean here, do you mean you upgraded ICE.TEN on all of the other computers? If so, good. If not and the other PC's are running 16 bit versions you are lucky that it works.

Check this thread for ICE version info:
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=46

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.