ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TEN  (Read 1454 times)

Hytopz

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TEN
« on: October 26, 2006, 10:45:11 am »

I am using Emulation Version 6.091 and windows interface version 6.6.1 on a P.C.  The P.C. is using Windows XP Pro for and operating system and a Celeron CPU 3.2 Ghz.

My problem is:

I am able to get Dajawin to open up with no problem and I get a blinking cursor but no log-on prompt from my UNIX server.  I hit the return key a couple times and nothing changes.  I have check all my permanent settings and everything looks good.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TEN
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:55:37 am »

You have an unsupported 16 bit version.

It sounds like you either are using the wrong com port or have a hardware issue, like a bad rs232 cable to the unix machine or a bad serial port in your computer (I have seen serial ports taken outt by nearby lightning hits). Check with another computer and/or use a breakout box on the rs232 serial port to look for problems.

Hytopz

• Place Personal Text Here
Re:ICE.TEN
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:06:48 am »

I checked the cable with another terminal and the cable works ok.  I also checked the port settings and IRQ settings and they match the settings on a P.C. I have running in a different part of our building.  The computer is brand new so I doubt the serial port is bad.  

Do you think it has anything to do with a Celeron processor?  The other P.C.'s using this software are all Intel.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TEN
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 01:13:13 pm »

It has nothing to do with the processor.

You could have an internal modem on that machine. Try typing (blindly)
AT
and hit enter and see if you get
OK
back.

If that's the case you are on an internal modem.
The serial port (if you have one) is on a different com address and interrupt. On a new PC the serial port is a 9 pin MALE connector on the back of the machine. Anything else is NOT a serial port.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.