ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Temporary Sequence Number  (Read 1121 times)

bdoubtfire

• Place Personal Text Here
Temporary Sequence Number
« on: December 15, 2006, 09:43:16 am »

I had a customer who was getting an error message:

'Intializing Copy Protection Failed (3,0)'

I have got them to re-install ICE over the network from the ICE Server and run configwizard but they get the error message:

'Temporary Sequence Number Error'

They have moved several machines around and had a few of them rebuilt so the overall install is not the cleanest in the world.

I have not come across the temporary sequence number error before, any ideas.

Kind regards

Brett

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Temporary Sequence Number
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:04:30 am »

I don't remember having seen that before either. It sounds to me like either it's a version mix problem (both the license admin server and the telnet pro should be from 5.0.81 and newer or 5.0.80 or older, you can't mix versions across 5.0.80) or you are using a temporary license key. Running the licenseadmin program on that licenseserver machine would tell you if it's a temp key or not.

I guess I'd have them wipe the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Jriver folder from the registry on the PC to clear out the sequence number then rerun configwizard by browsing to that licenseserver machine over the network from the PC and running TCP5_USER/TCP-Pro/Configwizard and choose only to get a sequence number (unselect get configuration profile).

bdoubtfire

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:24:18 am »

Bob,
thanks once more!

I was unable to talk the user through editing the registry but did manage to talk them through browsing to the ICE server and running config wizard from the ice server rather than from the local machine.  It seems to have worked and they are now hapilly working away.

Cheers

Brett

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 02:13:54 pm »

Hi Brett,
That probably means that configwizard on the local machine (which is really just a network shortcut) was pointing to a different (read wrong) license server.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 20 queries.