ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Printing Problem  (Read 1498 times)

crotrei

• Place Personal Text Here
Printing Problem
« on: May 02, 2007, 06:37:08 pm »

I have a customer who is running the following on all Windows xp machines:
ICE-Ten 4.7
            7.10a /32
            7.02a

All pcs have a printer auxed off the back of the pc and 2 of them are printing double-spaced. I have troubleshooted this down to the fact that it's got to be a setting somewhere or something with ICE. The pcs are off of a Digi box and the printer is an Oki Micro 320T

Here is what I've done so far to troubleshoot:
- moved the double-spacing printer to a working pc (that had same printer single-spacing) and it prints fine. [It is not the printer, and not the parallel cable]
- moved the cable from working pc above on Digi to port where pc/printer that is double-spacing was and it prints fine. [It is not the digi ditty that is used for auxing off printer]

This doesn't leave much else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Printing Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 09:26:46 am »

Here are some other things you can check:

Is the build number of ICE.TEN the same on the PC's that work and the ones that don't? (is there a number in after 4.7 in the
"help->about dejawin" dialog?)
For example the current version says "ICE.TEN 4.7.14"

Is the "file->local print setup" exactly the same on the PC's? (how's it set?)

Is the windows version the same on the PC's? (what windows version(s) are you using?)

Is the printer driver the same on the different PC's?

Did you try logging in with the same user account on a PC that wasn't working right as you use on a PC that is working right??

Report back please...

crotrei

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:16:15 pm »

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be that they didn't have Direct Open Printer Device LPT1: checked. Once they did that it printed fine.

I do have another question though, I have a customer who has a version of ICE-Ten on floppy and they bought a new pc that doesn't have a drive. Can I just download the latest version? If so, how do I activate? What I mean by this is they have already purchased the software so do they have to pay again for the newer release?

Thank you for your time.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:32 am »

It must be a pretty old version of ICE.TEN to be on a floppy. You might want to consider having them update to the CD version, I think there is just a replacement media charge for that.

Another way would be a USB external floppy or LS-120 (superdisk). There isn't a download for ICE.TEN that is other than a demo.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.