ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP PLUS FAQ (updated periodically)  (Read 5259 times)

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TCP PLUS FAQ (updated periodically)
« on: December 09, 2003, 03:57:41 pm »

Q. What is the current version of ICE.TCP.Plus?

A. The current release version of ICE.TCP.Plus is 1.0.30 (build 30). You can either download the trialware from our web site or call J. River Sales/Support for a full product version.

Q. How can I tell what version of ICE.TCP.Plus I am using?

A. Just select "About Dejawint" under the Help pull down menu.

Q. What is a sequence number? Why do I get an invalid sequence number?

A. Sequence numbers are used for the licensing of ICE.TCP Plus. Every user at a site must have a unique sequence number or conflicts will occur. In the "Enter sequence" box, enter a sequence number between 1 and the number of the users indicated on the label of the ICE.TCP Plus that you purchased. The network administrator should keep maintain a list of every machine where the product is installed and the (unique) sequence number assigned to that machine, to avoid conflicts.

Q. How do a change my sequence number?

A. Select "Sequence Number" under the "File" pulldown menu option.

Q. Why am I getting conflict errors, or "Fatal ICE.TCP configuration error 888" messages?

A. You have the same sequence number as another user on your network. Ask your network administrator for a unique sequence number, and enter it as described in the previous question.

Q. I am using ICE.TCP Pro (or Classic) along with ICE.TCP Plus. Will the licensing mechanisms or the sequence numbers between the two products conflict?

A. No. The sequence numbers between ICE.TCP Plus and Pro (regular or classic) are separate and do not interfere with each other, and so the number of users allowed by one product will not be restricted by using the other product.

Q. How do I connect to a host using SSH?

A. Run the Dejawint program for ICE.TCP Plus. When the Host box pops up (or at any time, select "Configuration" under "Settings" pulldown menu and click the "Host" tab), select or add the host you want to connect using SSH, then click the "Advanced Settings" button. Click the SSH checkbox. The port number will change to "22," the standardized port for SSH connections. This must be changed if the host machine is configured to accept SSH connections on an alternate port.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:41:57 pm by deanna »

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.