ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FTP control is not licensed correctly  (Read 4995 times)

bluebyte

FTP control is not licensed correctly
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:38:19 pm »

When running FTP pro from within TCP pro I cannot make a connection to our server. I receive the following error message.
ftp control is not licensed correctly. new sessions can not be created telnet pro.
We are using ICE.TCP pro version 5.1.07
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:22:47 am by Bob »

bluebyte

Re: FTP control is not licensed correctly
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:59:55 pm »

Also I have just found FTP only displays this error when Telnet pro is running. If I run ftp from the shortcut it works fine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:23:03 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:52:34 pm »

Sounds like you might have 2 copies of ftppro on your machine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:23:17 am by Bob »

bluebyte

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:47:41 pm »

We have tried uninstalling anything on the pc to do with ice.tcp pro, deleting all directories and registry keys. All pc's are using the same version of ice.tcp, it's odd that the issue started randomly nothing appeared to have triggered it. The installation had been working fine until now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:23:31 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:28:57 am »

After you deleted everything did you reinstall the current version?
Did you do a search for files on your machine for ftppro.exe?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:23:43 am by Bob »

bluebyte

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 09:16:53 pm »

I have just tested this on my own desktop as to avoid further user interference. Now when I connect to a telnet session the screen is completely black with a blue line across the bottom. This is not an SSH connection and I have tried importing the default tcp pro profile.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:23:55 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:53:34 pm »

Are you saying you can't make a telnet pro connection??

Try doing: start->run
type in
telnet 1.2.3.4
where 1.2.3.4 is replaced with your server IP address. See if you get a login prompt...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:24:07 am by Bob »

bluebyte

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 07:21:12 pm »

I can open a telnet session fine via a command prompt (start / run / telnet 1.2.3.4) but when I attempt to make a telnet session using tcp pro the screen is black though it appears connection so the issue is with tcp pro. I though it may have been an issue with the profile but as I said previously I have tried importing the profile again and nothing has changed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:24:21 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 09:11:20 am »

Try importing one of the profiles listed here:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/TECH.SUPPORT/profiles/

After importing, make sure the terminal type is correct, rerun TelnetPro and report the results.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:24:31 am by Bob »

bluebyte

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 11:53:39 pm »

I tried importing one of these profiles and it didn't help at all. I don't understand how the default profile we are using would suddenly not work?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:24:43 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 09:21:17 am »

I don't know what's going on based on what you are saying. I haven't seen this before. I'm going to take a couple of stabs in the dark.

1) Using regedit, remove the J.River folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software (highlight J.River and choose delete). You will lose your profile and host settings but it will be created fresh when next time you bring up telnetpro. Then import the profile I told you about again and add your host.

if that doesn't work...

2) Try changing your display color depth just to see if that changes anything (right click on the desktop, properties, settings).

3) Install the classic client and see what that does..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:24:54 am by Bob »

WilsonParking

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 03:33:32 am »

Hi,

I am having the same issue with a clients machine at the moment.  The company I work for has a large volume license for 100 users and this 1 user in particular has all of a sudden developed this exact same issue.  I noticed you have not resolved this other fellows issue and I would appreciate it if you would offer some suggestions to support your product.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:25:06 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 09:22:16 am »

I am having the same issue with a clients machine at the moment.  The company I work for has a large volume license for 100 users and this 1 user in particular has all of a sudden developed this exact same issue.  I noticed you have not resolved this other fellows issue and I would appreciate it if you would offer some suggestions to support your product.
He was talking about at least 2 different issues. Are you having trouble with TelnetPro or FtpPro? What version? (in TelnetPro do help->version information).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:26:09 am by Bob »

WilsonParking

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it.  We are running Telnet Pro and FTP Pro, its FTP Pro we are having the issues with at the moment, the version being 5.1.26.0 for FTP pro.  The exact text of the issue is:

FTP Control is not licensed correctly.
New sessions cannot be created.

However this issue has never happened with any of the other machines throughout the company.  I was thinking if purging the registry of any entries and removing all related .dll files.  The only other thing I can think of is a conflicting license file but I have checked the LicenseAdmin utility and there are currently no conflicts.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 10:07:34 am »

What is the version of TelnetPro on that machine? Does it work properly? You could try browsing to the TCP5_USER share on your licenseadmin machine and re-running configwizard (de-selecting the "get configuration profile" option). Then try FtpPro again.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 27 queries.