ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Not all keys working  (Read 3291 times)

suziq811

Not all keys working
« on: October 13, 2008, 01:26:11 pm »

I just installed ICE.Off.Site version 3.0.15 on my home computer.  I have an HP with Windows Vista.  I was able to tog in to the system at our office and most things work except for two key functions.  I cannot use the arrow keys and the F1 'save' function does not work.  Is there something special I need to do in the set up?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Not all keys working
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 01:36:49 pm »

You probably have the wrong terminal type set.

In offsite the autodialer settings override the config settings in the emulator. So you should make sure the terminal type is set properly in the autodialer.

suziq811

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:21:48 pm »

My terminal type says it is wy60, so I made that selection on the dial up screen and in the settings.  Still, keys not working.  Any other ideas?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:25:09 am »

The unix terminal type has to agree with the terminal type set in ICE. If you are set to wyse60 then I'd guess that the unix side isn't set to wyse60. The most likely possibility is that the unix side is set to ansi. Either change the unix terminal setting to wyse60 or try setting the terminal type to ansi (25 lines) for host entry in your autodialer.

suziq811

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:05:39 pm »

Ok, I have tried both wy60 and ansi25.  Still no arrow keys or F1 function.  I called the office and had them check - terminals saying wy60.  It seems like this should be so easy but nothing I do is fixing this issue. 

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 02:35:33 pm »

Is it an SCO server?
It's probably that the tty's for remote access are hardcoded to use a particular terminal type (like dialup for example).

With serial connections (as opposed to tcp/ip connections) the terminal type MUST be manually set.

This is done in the users .profile in their Unix home directory and/or in the /etc/ttytype file on the unix machine (which links a particular device to a terminal type).

If you can login without running your application from the home machine you can find out the terminal type and tty device by typing:

echo $TERM (and hit enter)
and
tty (and hit enter)
at the unix prompt

So if you see something other that wyse60 for the terminal type you can fix it by editing the /etc/ttytype file and changing the line that corresponds to the device you got when you typed in tty.

Hope this gets you up and running...

suziq811

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:10:20 am »

I got it.  Thanks so much for your help.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.