ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Ice.Off.Site Modem - Conflict with DSL Internet connection  (Read 4262 times)

PamZ

Ice.Off.Site Modem - Conflict with DSL Internet connection
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:04:36 pm »

I use Ice.Off.Site to dial into our office Unix server from my home - has always worked fine.  Recently I had DSL installed on a dedicated line for internet use.  I cannot access the internet on my DSL unless I completely remove the Ice software.  There seems to be a conflict with my DSL access when Ice is installed.  I'm using Ver 3.0.14

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Ice.Off.Site Modem - Conflict with DSL Internet connection
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:06:53 pm »

Did they put a board into your computer for the DSL access?

PamZ

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:12:43 pm »

Thanks for the reply!

No, an external "Wireless DSL Modem/Router" (Verizon GT704WG) is connected to my desktop computer (Windows XP) via an ethernet cable (and from the router to the incoming DSL, of course).  The DSL line is a dedicated line for internet use only.

My modem line that I use for "dial-up" is a separate telephone line.

I have no trouble using Ice or the modem dial-up but can't access the Internet unless I completely uninstall Ice each time.  The DSL installers couldn't figure it out and said they thought it was a "software" conflict?  So what I've been doing is installing and uninstalling Ice each time I use it.  Kind of a pain  :P

Thanks for any help.
Pam

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 10:28:07 am »

Wow, that makes no sense!

Ice.Offsite doesn't use any registry entries, nor does it talk to anything other than the serial port when it's running and doesn't do anything when it's not running.
Perhaps you could try this:
install offsite
copy the files from program files->j.river->ice.offsite to a usb key or network drive
uninstall offsite
make sure the dsl connection still works
copy the files back from the usb key or network to the program files->j.river->ice.offsite directory
try running dejawin.exe from there.

Let us know what happens...

PamZ

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:57 am »

Wow, Bob - that worked !!  Not only do Ice AND my DSL connection both work now (with Ice uninstalled and then copied back to the program file) but I'm even logged in to to our Unix server via Ice/Modem at this very minute, printing out a report - and at the same time I'm replying to you on my DSL connection to the internet!  Yadamnhoo!

Thank you so much.  I had asked our network admins and also our outside computer techs - no one could figure it out.  Can't wait to tell them how simple the solution was!  So glad I decided to check out JRiver website and discovered this support forum.  Thanks for being there.

Pam

marky

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 05:44:24 pm »

This fixed my ICE too.. Up for those who needed a quick solution. Try this first. Thanks!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 08:10:56 am »

Hey Marky, just out of curiosity, what version are you running? (help->about dejawin) and on what windows os? Thanks...

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.