ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE Off Site  (Read 2524 times)

sgarsen

ICE Off Site
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:52:26 pm »

???Okay, help please!  I tried to contact support all day today and couldn't get through.  I am not a computer guru.

I need to set up ICE.Off.Site on my desktop at home so that I can connect to my part-time employers system.  They gave me this along with the 3 disks, I installed them and tried to put their modem # in and nothing is happening, it says that there is error in port, but I think I am having modem problems.  I just tried clicking on the icon I put in and it says no dial tone.  I have Comcast with an ethernet in the modem and computer.  I need help, anyone????  How and where do I start....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:53:57 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ICE Off Site
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 09:56:56 am »

It's most likely you have the wrong port number (just like the message says). Try changing the communications port to 1 or 3. You can simply try 1 to 9 one at a time restarting dejawin each time until you find the correct port for the modem. The simplest way to do that is to cancel out of the autodialer when it comes up and type in AT and hit enter on the dejawint screen (you may NOT see the characters echoed back). If you get an
OK response, you are talking to the modem and have the correct port. Once you have the correct port you can setup the autodialer.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.