ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: X Baud is not Supported by Windows  (Read 3205 times)

JBSTOL

X Baud is not Supported by Windows
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:26:07 am »

Hello,

Whenever we try to establish a connection via DejaWin/ICE.Off.Site we get the following error message - "X Baud is not Supported by Windows", where X is ANY baud rate we use. (i.e. we get this error message regardless of the baud rate we use).  We are currently using ICE.Off.Site ver 7.10a, with a USR 56k external modem connected to serial port COM1.  I have tried setting the modem init string to AT&B1&C1&D2&H1&I1&R2, 115,200 baud and RTS/CTS protocol per the post here - http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php/topic,224.0.html- to no avail.

We are able to successfully query the modem via Windows device manager, and can dial out using HyperTerminal, so the problem appears to be isolated to ICE.Off.Site (probably just a simple configuration setting we are overlooking).  Please let me know what we should try in order to resolve this issue.

Thank You-
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:34:13 am by JBSTOL »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: X Baud is not Supported by Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:22:30 am »

What is the build?
Help->About Dejawin
It should say something like:
ICE.OFFSITE 3.x.x

Also, are you certain you have the right port?

Try runing setice and make sure the initialization string box is clear then check the "send string on popup" box. Check the port and baud rate parameters.

The next time you run dejawin it will skip the autodialer and go right into the terminal emulation screen. Do you still get that error now??

JBSTOL

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:30:53 pm »

Thank you for your reply-

The version is 3.0.14 and yes (unfortunately) we still get the error message after doing what you suggested.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:51:06 am »

I think you might be on the wrong com port.

I assume in hyperterminal you are choosing the modem entry instead of the com port entry. Try choosing com port entries in hypterterminal or Dejawin until you find the correct port.

Also, it's possible your ICEWIN.INI file (in the windows directory) has gotten corrupted. You can try deleting it and when you run Dejawin it will recreate it.

JBSTOL

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:34:18 am »

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately we have cycled through and tried every com port, and deleted the ICEWIN.INI file as you suggested but still receive the same error.  Also, if I didn't already mention it we have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the product twice.  At this point the software is unusable for us.  Please let me know what else we can try, or if it would be better to phone in to tech support for this one.

Thank You-

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:22:48 am »

Did you try direct com port access in hyperterminal?
What was the result??

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.