INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize resolution WebGizmo/WebRemote? --> small display  (Read 1971 times)

RonnyLULU

• Recent member
Customize resolution WebGizmo/WebRemote? --> small display
« on: September 10, 2015, 09:28:48 am »

Hi,

As i have install a few small LCD-Touch-Displays for our home control system (Ligths, Heating, ...) which also can display HTML Website i would like to use them to control JRiver via webgizmo/webremote.

The problem is that the display resolution is 320X240 so i have to scroll a lot when using webgizmo/webremote sites.

Is there a way to customize the webgizmo/webremote sites to be better disoplayed on small screens. Our to create an own small template/look?

Thank you very much in advance for your hints.

Regards

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Customize resolution WebGizmo/WebRemote? --> small display
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 10:13:44 am »

I just dealt with this exact issue myself a few weeks ago and I started tinkering with the html, but then I realized after spending a few hours trying to do it the "smart" way, I realized there was a pretty dumb (as in easy) solution.  Most modern browsers (chromium, firefox) support zooming in or out on a site by site basis.  So depending on what browser you're using, you can just set the browser zoom for webgizmo to something appropriate.  

For example, running chromium in kiosk mode (which is pretty light-weight) I managed to set the zoom in such a way that webgizmo was perfectly usable on a 320x240 touch screen (I think I landed on 1/3 zoom?).  Just make sure to set the icon size as small as you can in the options too.

If your browser doesn't support zoom, then you have a tougher road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up