INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Keys affect MC even when it isn't running  (Read 2209 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Media Keys affect MC even when it isn't running
« on: September 10, 2015, 09:34:02 am »

On MS Natural KB, if I'm listening to music on an online streaming service and hit the play/pause media key, it will simultaneously affect the streaming music application and MC, even though MC isn't running (I pause the music to take a call and suddenly MC is playing).

I think this is because Media Server also responds to the media keys.  If I quit out of Media Server, I do not see this behavior. 

None of the Media Key settings (that still allow play/pause to work properly when I'm actually listening to MC in the background) correct this behavior.

Is there a way to turn off Media Keys specifically for Media Server? (I'm not certain why it's enabled to begin with, but there might be a legitimate use for it I am unaware of).  If there isn't, there should be.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Keys affect MC even when it isn't running
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 09:58:41 am »

You can use media key mode "Disabled" in Options > General.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:03:25 am »

You can use media key mode "Disabled" in Options > General.
Disabling breaks media key functionality even when MC is running when I want it to work.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »

Would it be at all possible to get a better answer than to completely disable Media Keys?  I did indicate in my original post that I wanted them to work when Media Center is being used, just not when it's closed but the Media Server service is still running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up