INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not appearing on a few albums  (Read 2137 times)

SandsOfArrakis

• Recent member
Cover art not appearing on a few albums
« on: November 01, 2015, 03:07:31 am »

Hello :)

I'm in the process of sorting out my music collection. Getting rid of bad/double copies etc. Adding cover art to tracks. Updating artists, albums. That kind of thing.

Now the odd thing is, that I have a few albums where the cover art is successfully written to with MC 21 Mac version. And the art shows up in the Finder, in iTunes but... not in MC. See screenshots taken at the same time.

MC & iTunes

Other albums that I have edited so far do change successfully. Bit odd. I've looked at the file permissions and they are the same for all music. Can edit and save them according to the Finder.

Is this a bug or is it something random? Tried restarting MC, but to no avail.

MC 21.0.8 is running on OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art not appearing on a few albums
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:16:42 am »

I'm not sure what's going on.  It's possible that you have cover art embedded in some of the files for the album, but not all of them.  I would try selecting all files and writing the cover art to all of them at the same time.

What format are these misbehaving files in?  (MP3, etc)  Do you have the option set to embed cover art, or are you having it saved into a folder?

Brian.

SandsOfArrakis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:49:13 am »

I'm not sure what's going on.  It's possible that you have cover art embedded in some of the files for the album, but not all of them.  I would try selecting all files and writing the cover art to all of them at the same time.

What format are these misbehaving files in?  (MP3, etc)  Do you have the option set to embed cover art, or are you having it saved into a folder?

Brian.

Just like with the other albums, the cover art is saved as a jpg file in the same folder as where the music files are located. In this case these 2 albums are in mp3 format, but I have lots of other albums in the same format and they change without a problem.

I'm selecting albums manually and go right click -> cover art -> add from file. And I'm manually selecting the correct picture. Even tried selecting all  songs in the album with select first -> shift+click the last one. Didn't work either.

The odd thing is that iTunes and Finder do show the cover art, but MC does not.

Erwin

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:25:08 am »

Hmm...

I embed most of my cover art, though I do have some (for video mostly) that are in folders.  It all works fine on my system.  Which doesn't help you at all, I know.

I wonder if you have something unusual going on with the cover art file or files.  Take a look in the directory of one of these.  Do you have only one JPG file, or are there several maybe?  I would try removing the cover art manually from the directory.  Then verify that it's gone using your external tools.  Finally, re-add it again with MC and see what happens.

I've run into a couple of odd file name things with MC, but only a couple of times.  Each time it was with "." confusing MC's processes.  A leading period ( . ) can cause MC to ignore a file completely, as an example.

I'm just throwing out ideas here; as you can probably tell!  :)  Good luck to you.

Brian.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 06:24:14 pm »

Any chance it could be the type of file?  I'm not sure if there are any limitations to the type of image files that JRiver will support but any chance the image files that do not show up are something other than .jpg/.jpeg etc?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002
Pages: [1]   Go Up