INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Remote control doesn't seem to work well  (Read 2898 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
MC Remote control doesn't seem to work well
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:30:57 am »

Hi

If put my PC into sleep or powersave in Windows 10 it works fine.
If I press the power off on the remote control from JRiver 21 it appears to put it into hibernate. However it freezes at the end and I have to hold down the PC power button to restart the PC. After that it comes out of hibernation as normal.

Where can I review the remote power off button settings?

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC Remote control doesn't seem to work well
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:46:02 am »

This is probably not a TV issue.  I am not even sure if it is an MC issue.  I think the remote control's power button tries to shutdown your computer and the computer does not react well.  In MC, Tools > Options > Remote Control is where you would mess with remote control functions.  Unless I am mistaken, MC does not automatically do anything about the power button.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:01:19 am »

This is probably not a TV issue.  I am not even sure if it is an MC issue.  I think the remote control's power button tries to shutdown your computer and the computer did not react well.  In MC, Tools > Options > Remote Control is where you would mess with remote control functions.  Unless I am mistaken, MC does not automatically do anything about the power button.

This is a clean Windows 10 installation.

As I say if I manually hibernate or sleep Windows 10 (via Windows start menu) it works well.

If I press power off on WMC remote it actually puts Windows 10 in hibernate successfully, but it freezes at the end.
This appears to be the default behaviour without any configuration! I have not configured remote to sleep this PC.

Weird eh?

Cheers....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 08:10:02 pm »

If you shut down MC and MC Server on the PC, and then use the remote to Sleep the PC, does the same thing happen?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 05:40:35 am »

Will check.
Interesting that after the last update of MC21 when I press the button it just turns the screen blank now. Still get audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up