INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recover 'Recently Imported' from before a library restore?  (Read 1734 times)

finallygreen

• Recent member
Recover 'Recently Imported' from before a library restore?
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:11:24 am »

Hoping somebody can help me find a solution here. The PC I was running my Media Center 19 library on crashed 2 months ago. By the time I finally put a replacement PC together, I had purchased (and then installed) Media Center 21. In the past, whenever I've restored the library, the 'Recently Imported' list was either right there with everything I'd previously imported (in the order I'd imported it), or it would reappear with all of that info as soon as I imported something new. But this time, when I imported something new to get 'Recently Imported' to show up, it's only showing what I just imported...it's no longer showing me everything that was previously imported in the order it was imported. So my question is:

1. Is there a way to get that back?

2. If there isn't, is there a way to somehow see every track in my library that I haven't added to, let's say, playlist a, b, c or d? I normally keep importing tracks for a month or two, then go back through and assign them to one of 5 or 6 different playlists. This is why I'm in such a pinch over losing the 'Recently Imported'....I'd imported almost 1,000 new songs right before the old PC crashed, and now I don't know which songs I imported that need to be assigned to those playlists.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recover 'Recently Imported' from before a library restore?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:25:05 am »

I'm pretty sure Recently Imported shows you files imported in the last week only.  That's why you don't see the tracks from a month ago.

But it's really easy to sort any view or smartlist by Date Imported.  Just add the Date Imported column to any view.  Right click on the headers, then scroll down to Date Imported and select it.  Then click on it to sort by Date Imported.  Sort it backwards, so the newest files are at the top of the list.

If you wanted to make a SmartList just for this, you could set a criteria of something like "Date Imported is in the last 90 days" or something like that.  I just checked the built in SmartLists (in the SmartLists group) and there is one that might be useful:  Audio - Recently Imported - Last 100 tracks.

You should definitely be able to find what you are looking for with these techniques.  Good luck!

Brian.

finallygreen

• Recent member
Re: Recover 'Recently Imported' from before a library restore?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 09:47:45 am »

Didn't even think to just add 'Date Imported' to a view and sort....thanks for that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up