Windows > Television

Australia TV Setup

<< < (6/11) > >>

jmone:
Yup - I run the OTA EPG everynight at 3am and it fills in basic stuff for all channels, then ICETV every 2 hours.  This way I get some EPG info for all channels and great EPG info for the main ones.  I'll test the idea with xmltv.

jmone:
Had a look at the data from xmltv.net.  Seems pretty good, so to test I've setup a profile for them (as well as OTA and ICETV). 

If Yaobing is looking at this post, then it would be great if you could set both "Repeat" and  "Starting Times" for each EPG individually so they don't clash & it enables you to load EPG data in the order you want. 

Anyway, for this test:
- Turned OFF the OTA EPG
- Turned ON the XMLTV.NET for once a day @ 3am
- Turned ON the iceTV for every 2 hours
- Cleared my EPG (so it is all blank)

This should result in a combined MC EPG with:
- IceTV sourced EPG data for 14 days on the channels it supports being updated ever 2 hours PLUS
- XMLTV.NET EPG data for 7 Days on the extra channels that they support updated once per day.

I'll be able to tell tomorrow if this worked out as expected. 

jmone:
I'm guessing a simple change like this work to make in what order and how often to get different EPG data loaded into MC for a combined EPG.  It's not channel specific but would give a priority on what gets loaded then overwritten.

RoderickGI:
Did you only set up to download the missing channels on XMLTV.net?

If not, once they have both populated, check to see if you are getting duplicate programs in the Guide on common channels. I think that was an issue in the past, when two EPG sources were used. I still haven't looked at the XMLTV.net to see if excluding channels is possible. In fact, it is so long since I set up EPG with EPGCollector in MC, I will have to relearn it!

jmone:
I think there is something better...... just testing now :) .... and it is all in MC :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version