INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drop down box closes  (Read 1721 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
Drop down box closes
« on: September 12, 2015, 08:45:44 pm »

When renaming a field in standard view the drop down box of choices often closes for no apparent reason. For instance I'll type "pia" and Piano appears as a choice and then disappears before I can get my mouse pointer there to choose it, at which point I'll have to continue typing. A bit of a hassle as it happens over and over. It would be nice if the drop down box stayed open until a choice was made or enter/esc. was hit.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Drop down box closes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 09:06:21 am »

When renaming a field in standard view the drop down box of choices often closes for no apparent reason. For instance I'll type "pia" and Piano appears as a choice and then disappears before I can get my mouse pointer there to choose it, at which point I'll have to continue typing. A bit of a hassle as it happens over and over. It would be nice if the drop down box stayed open until a choice was made or enter/esc. was hit.

What box are you talking about?

I'm trying to reproduce it by renaming the "Artist" for a file and the combobox just stays open.

But maybe you're renaming something else?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

crisnee

• World Citizen
Drop down box closes
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:43:07 pm »

What box are you talking about?

I'm trying to reproduce it by renaming the "Artist" for a file and the combobox just stays open.

But maybe you're renaming something else?

I rename various fields like instrument, composer, style etc. I thought it happened in all of them but now I'm not sure. I will go back and experiment and let you know what I come up with. Thanks for responding.

crisnee

• World Citizen
Drop down box closes
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 12:36:26 pm »

I rename various fields like instrument, composer, style etc. I thought it happened in all of them but now I'm not sure. I will go back and experiment and let you know what I come up with. Thanks for responding.
I tried renaming on artist and got the same problem. I think I know why you don't get it, you use the keyboard.

I use a right mouse button click to choose rename, type the new name and when the box drops down try to make a choice with the mouse (works if I get there quick enough-try moving the mouse around a bit--without clicking it--if the problem doesn't come up for you).

I did notice the problem doesn't come up if I use the down arrow key. However a different issue arises. If I go down one choice **too far, the box closes and the rename takes whatever letters I've typed as the new name.

**by too far I mean one past the last entry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up