INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change Sub-Menus in Theatre View  (Read 3384 times)

sehguhn

Change Sub-Menus in Theatre View
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:50:54 am »

I am a newbie to JRiver, and so far VERY impressed. The problem I have is that some of the sub-menus in Theatre View are not what I would choose, and would therefore like to understand how to customise these.

I understand how I can add to and remove from the first sub-menu under 'Video'....This is by adding and removing views under 'Video' in the 'Standard View'......However I cannot find how I influence the layer below this.

For example under when in Video->Movies the options are 'Name', 'Grid', 'Recent', 'Genre', 'Decade', 'HD', 'Actor', 'Director' and 'Wall'

I would NEVER want to use 'Decade', or 'HD' and would almost never want to use 'Actor' or 'Director'. In their place I would want to have groupings of movies such as 'Disney', 'Harry Potter', or 'Marvel'........

How do I change this level of menu from something which is not very useful into something that I can make useful to me ?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Change Sub-Menus in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 06:14:10 am »

I understand how I can add to and remove from the first sub-menu under 'Video'....This is by adding and removing views under 'Video' in the 'Standard View'......However I cannot find how I influence the layer below this.

How do I change this level of menu from something which is not very useful into something that I can make useful to me ?

Thanks for any help you can provide
You say "standard view" -- are you using the option to import views from Standard View? If not, are you in the right place to customize Theater "mode" views ?

Unfortunately there are 3 different areas for creating/modifying Views in JRiver at the moment -- one for each "mode" (this is confusing bevause theater "View has Views. Standard Views are obvious ... Theater Views and Remote Views are not  -- they are located in different areas of the options. The remote are is really buried ;)

For Theater View modification go Options=>Theater View. In the box  you will see a list of fields and rollers (headings) some being nested, other not.  You can change the order, remove fields you don't want to see, nest items or un-nest them, and add fields or actions that you want. Actually if you are in the right place its pretty intuitive.

However if you know this and are looking to do something more advanced maybe you can reply and indicate what exactly you want to show up, if in a sub menu or not etc. You can do quite a lot from these wizards ... there are though some things you can do in Standard View that you can't do in theater view and vice versa, but I don't think you are referring to those, are you ?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Change Sub-Menus in Theatre View
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:28:44 pm »

I tried to help on another thread with a similar question, and provided two screen shots that may help you. See second to last post at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100024.0

Perhaps this will help you understand how the Theater View "rollers" work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up