INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switch, feature request  (Read 1498 times)

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Zone Switch, feature request
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:41:56 am »

I seem to be having some issues with 21.0.6 zone switching and the latest (as of a few days ago, the build released to be compatible with IOS 9) JRemote. I set up a ZoneSwitch rule to always play via my PS Audio Bridge II, and the rule seems to work all the time if I play from the PC itself, but sometimes fails when using JRemote. Text of rule is below. This is not a major issue but the spouse has trouble remembering how to change the zone in JRemote. :(

Speaking of which: It would be helpful to have an "Always play everything on a specific zone" setting.

TIA!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Zone Switch, feature request
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 09:44:57 am »

If you have any Zones that aren't part of a ZoneSwitch group, then if one of those Zones is manually selected the rule won't switch back to the other Zone(s).

Being able to set a device, like a certain iPad, to always play to the same zone is a great idea.

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Zone Switch, feature request
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:05:26 am »

Thanks - I am not sure what was happening; seems to be working OK now but I will keep an eye on it. 

Re my feature suggestion, actually what I had in mind was something on the server side. I live on two continents, and our phones (naturally) move back and forth between the two environments, each of which has several J River servers running. So for me, the easiest thing would be something on the server side which simply says "this server always plays everything thru Zone X."    Admittedly this is not a big deal, but I have family members who panic at the thought of manually selecting a zone, and while I think I have the Zoneswitch rules working right, it might help prevent the occasional glitch or user error.  Just a thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up