INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manually update a single folder in the auto-import folder list  (Read 47 times)

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck

I have a sizeable library and running a manual update of auto-import takes quite a few minutes (I have the button added to the tool bar). Is there an easy way to run a quick update on just one folder from the auto-import list of folders? I realise it runs in the background and finds changes automatically but there seems to be quite a delay. I would like something more on-demand.

comox

• Galactic Citizen

Suggest you start by figuring out why auto-import is slow on your system.

My auto-import scans 650,000 files stored on 7 local drives in 9 seconds.

Are your files on a server? If not, what are your auto-import settings?

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck

Yes all my media is on a single 3.5" NAS drive via an SMB share. JRiver's running on my laptop so network is about 50-60 MB/s 5Ghz Wi-Fi.

comox

• Galactic Citizen

The NAS probably explains why your system is slow. I don't use one so perhaps someone else has a suggestion.

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck

The NAS + Wi-Fi no doubt increases latency. I could consider running a library server in a container or VM on the NAS I suppose. More work than I was hoping for though.

AldoAlvarez

• Recent member

My Auto-Imports shrunk to around 1-2 minutes, depending on how many tracks I’ve added to the 291K files in my library, once I upgraded to SSDs in a Thunderbolt 3 enclosure directly connected to my computer. 

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck

I use a laptop most of the time so direct attached storage is not ideal. I need to get the library updates happening locally on the NAS. I'm interested to know what people recommend in that regard. I have options of a VM, Docker, or a NAS app (if there is one already for QNAP?). If I went VM is it better to run Windows or Linux? I already have both Ubuntu and Win 11 VMs up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up