INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRVR hdr passthrough 10bit hdr gives some framedrops from time to time  (Read 264 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

Is this an issue? I use the latest build..32. I get one framedrop here and there while playing in hdr in 10bit. I use a nvidia driver 531.79 which I thougth was the solution to these framedrops if I have understood this correctly.I have played a lot of sdr lately by unchecking use the displays hdr capability. I tried to re check it and test it...and I get 1 framedrop here and there(during 10 minutes I get 3 framedrops)...could be many minutes appart. If I open np and set nvidia driver to 8 bit, then I dont get framedrops, but it still shows 10 bit in the osd( does jriver force 10 bit anyway reguardless of the nvidia panel setting?).

videoclock and hardware accelerate... on or off does not matter either.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Hmmm...very strange now. I tested this out the last days and I always got framedrops as described in previous post. I now tested it again using the same movies  ...now the frame drops are gone all of a sudden. I used to get one frame drop when I activated JRiver panel and it faded away and then a frame drop occurred...that is also gone now...but it is there if I play sdr mode.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I have tested version 31 and 32. both are creating dropped frames. I have put the log file as attachment. Nb! I got a few more dropped frames with logging activated, about 3 or 4 more dropped frames.

I am using alien covenant movie remux file.

I only got to render hdr movies one of two times with no framedrops.

Some times also osd hangs and was not able to do ctrl + J to get or remove osd from the screen. but that did not happened when I made the log which I attached below.

rpro

• Recent member

Have you compared by playing the same videos under MPC-HC? (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) Using LAVFilters and set up to use MadVR or MPC Video Renderer? If I see JRiver dropping frames or stutter, I always compare against MPC-HC to make sure it isn't a major system-wide issue (ie. Windows Update could make all video players and/or graphics applications worse).

Also, you rule out refresh rate and video framerate mismatch? For example, if the monitor refresh rate that JRVR reports is 23.976 hz (or a multiple of that) but the video is 24.000 fps, then you may get dropped frames at somewhat regular intervals.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I finally tried it out. I just installed MPC-HC just regular no madvr or lavfilter. and it only showed skipped frames and dropped frames in osd, but did not have any monitoring of repeated frames. But it was solid as a rock!! not nothing, even when I clicked on stopped or initiate play...solid as rock. but the rendering had microstutter bc of it presented 23 fps in 60 hzl. JRiver dont had any microstutter bc of sync and interpolation. But I checked the same movie alien covenant after about 8 minutes and it had 1 repeated or both a repeated and a framedrop. played for 25 minutes or more. and this is in sdr, which used to work with no issues. Maybe fix sdr before hdr, since I ofte use it due to less artifacts.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

usually I get 1 repeated frame, sometimes after 10 - 15 minutes or 43 minutes. so it is occational. sometimes both repeated and framdrop. I think the happen simontaniously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up