INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 32 not using "Date Taken" from IPhone HEIC pictures  (Read 29 times)

Matt B

Maybe a silly question but I searched for an answer a number of ways and can't find a resolution. When I copy over pictures from my IPhone to Windows 11 it appears JRiver is using the Last Modified Date instead of Date Taken. Nowhere in the tags in JRiver can I even see the "Date Taken" tag - yet Windows 11 and the Microsoft Photos App clearly show this field and use it. This is very annoying as I have separate directories for different sources (each camera is a directory) and then want to use the Image Dates view to merge all the photos from different cameras together into a coherent timeline. Seems obvious that the date the picture is taken is clearly how to most people would want to view their photos so surprised I'm not seeing this tag. BTW, the photos off the IPhone are in the HEIC format.

Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver 32 not using "Date Taken" from IPhone HEIC pictures
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:56:29 am »

I don't know the current status of support for the 'Date Taken' HEIC tag, but the following thread deals with that topic. It also provides contact details for the relevant developer.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=120583.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up