INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing and Tagging Error. Please Help  (Read 1488 times)

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Importing and Tagging Error. Please Help
« on: September 20, 2015, 07:52:24 am »

I would like some help with JRiver 21. It seems that I cannot get the import to work. I am sure that I am doing something wrong.

Objective:

1. Have JR to import various videos from a folder with subfolders.
2. Upon import, tag the videos as a specific media sub-type.
3. Finally, collect all of the files as a media sub-type under a specific heading in Theater view.

Problem:

The media is importing fine but without the automatic tagging of the specific media sub-type. Consequently, my Theater view is not organizing them since it does not know which ones to pull.

Performed steps (what I have done already):

1. Went to tools>options>Library&folders>Configure auto-import. I set the folders to import the files from the source. I selected the correct file type (i.e., video) and selected that it apply the correct tag upon import (in my case, Media Sub Type: Trailers).
2. Went to Tools>Options>Theater View. Added a heading under the main Video tab (added a Trailers).
3. I specified the "Set Rules for File Display" as: Media Type is Video; Media Sub Type is Trailers.

Any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MC: 21.0.6

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing and Tagging Error. Please Help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 10:58:28 am »

It sounds like you're on the right track.  I just tried to set an auto import option to Tag on import with Media Subtype.  What surprised me is that the value for that Tag doesn't "pop up".  Media Sub Type is a list field and I expected to see it's values pop up so I could select from them.  But they don't appear.  You have to type them.

So I went and looked at the list of values for Media Sub Type.  "Trailers" is not a valid value.  Further, Media Sub Type seems to be a "locked list".  You can't add values to it.  So if you are typing in "Trailers", it's going to ignore that Tag.  You are VERY close though!  A valid value for Media Sub Type is "Trailer".  (no S)  Try that, and it will probably work.

Brian.

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Importing and Tagging Error. Please Help
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 11:51:49 am »

Yes, that is exactly what it was. All I needed to do was to change it to "trailer" as the sub type and then run the re-import again. Thank you for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up