INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording Options, Cleanup Mode, Delete After 1 Day, Not Working  (Read 49310 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: TV Recording Options, Cleanup Mode, Delete After 1 Day, Not Working
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2015, 11:14:33 am »

Well, so much for that... no difference.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24:36 pm »

Email me a log.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2015, 03:52:48 pm »

How do I attach the Log file to your email?

When I go to your "Send this member a personal message." there is no place to attach a file.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »

How do I attach the Log file to your email?

When I go to your "Send this member a personal message." there is no place to attach a file.

Sorry, email to

yaobing at jriver dot com

DocLotus

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »

Email sent.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2015, 05:19:52 pm »

Email sent.

Unfortunately the log covers approximately 2.5 hours of MC session.  Currently MC does not remember cleanup time across sessions (I consider it a bug and will fix it soon).  So you have to run it for more than 8 hours in order to see possible clean up actions.  Please let it run for more than 8 hours and then send another log.  Thanks.

DocLotus

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2015, 05:39:04 pm »

Thanks; will do.

I'll let it run (with no playback) overnight.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »

Currently MC does not remember cleanup time across sessions (I consider it a bug and will fix it soon).  So you have to run it for more than 8 hours in order to see possible clean up actions.

Well that little snippet of information has large implications. I assume that MC running on a PC that sleeps or hibernates would still be running the one session, and that MC uses the clock to work out if eight hours has passed, initiating a clean-up. Is that correct?

PS: DocLotus, if you click the blue word "Quote" in the top right of a post BEFORE clicking reply, the forum software will include the whole text of a quote in your reply. The "Quote" function both quotes the text and starts a reply. AFTER clicking reply you can click blue "Insert Quote" at the top right each post in the history below the reply box to insert the full text of that post. This is what it looks like when you quote text, before posting.
Code: [Select]
[quote author=Yaobing link=topic=100329.msg696545#msg696545 date=1443392392]
Currently MC does not remember cleanup time across sessions (I consider it a bug and will fix it soon).  So you have to run it for more than 8 hours in order to see possible clean up actions.[/quote]

See http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Posting#Quoting_a_Post and have a look around the Simple Machine help pages, although some of them appear broken. There is a reference for BBCodes here: http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

PPS: I put the quote information into a Code box above so that the formatting is visible, and the forum software won't process the text as a quote. You can do this with the
[code] tag.

[/code]
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DocLotus

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2015, 06:32:13 pm »

PS: DocLotus, if you click the blue word "Quote" in the top right of a post BEFORE clicking reply, the forum software will include the whole text of a quote in your reply. The "Quote" function both quotes the text and starts a reply. AFTER clicking reply you can click blue "Insert Quote" at the top right each post in the history below the reply box to insert the full text of that post. This is what it looks like when you quote text, before posting.

TESTING

DocLotus

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2015, 06:33:45 pm »

Roderick; I LOVE YOU ::)

IT WORKS, thanks.
Doc

DocLotus

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2015, 08:41:28 am »

Email me a log.

New log with several hours of constant run time sent.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2015, 09:45:25 am »

The new log still does not show TV recording cleanup code being executed.

Currently MC does not remember cleanup time across sessions (I consider it a bug and will fix it soon).

Well, I had a look at this and now I do not think it is much of a bug anymore.

The reason is that we do call into the cleanup routine at MC shutdown time!  So no matter how long or how short MC has been run, the TV recording clean up is (SHOULD BE) carried out.

So if you keep MC running for a long time, MC checks old TV recordings every 8 hours if it finds quiet time.  Otherwise it does it once at shutdown.  So when you run MC again next time, it is a completely fresh start.  There is no need to save that 8 hour timer status for the next session.

New log with several hours of constant run time sent.

Doc, for future, please use this method to send logs:

Help > Logging, and follow the three steps outlined on that window.  After you click "Report problem...", a package of two logs, one for current session and one for the session just before the current, will be packed into a zip file (along with system info) onto your desktop.   Email the zip file.  The only time you should consider sending only individual log file is when you find the zip file too large for email attachment.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:52 am »

Doc,
Are you running any "security" software that could be denying access to MC?

DocLotus

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2015, 10:23:35 am »

Doc,
Are you running any "security" software that could be denying access to MC?

None, only Windows Defender & I have MC set to be ignored as per the instructions in one of the threads that we talked about before.

DocLotus

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2015, 10:27:10 am »

Doc, for future, please use this method to send logs:

Help > Logging, and follow the three steps outlined on that window.  After you click "Report problem...", a package of two logs, one for current session and one for the session just before the current, will be packed into a zip file (along with system info) onto your desktop.   Email the zip file.  The only time you should consider sending only individual log file is when you find the zip file too large for email attachment.

Was wondering about that myself; will do next time... thanks.

DocLotus

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2015, 10:37:50 am »

The new log still does not show TV recording cleanup code being executed.

As we talked about much earlier in this thread I have suspected for some time that all my tuners are not being released. As I understand that can lead to no TV cleanup taking place... right?  The reason I suspect that is because sometimes there will be only one or two of my four tuners in use when I try to use another one I will often see the dreaded TSRrender error message.

When I had only one ATI tuner the cleanup operation was being done. This all started when I replaced the single ATI tuner with two Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2255 Dual Tuner PCIE. Is it possible that MC TV cleanup may not be working with the 2255 dual tuner?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2015, 11:17:00 am »

The tuners would also have prevented EPG from updating, which is not the case.

MC did enter the block of code that would check both EPG updating and program cleanup.  The former was done.  The only thing that would prevent the cleanup code from being executed, after EPG loading is done, would be either a faulty timer (which is unlikely) or there are other non-TV things going on.

I added some additional logging for the next build. 

DocLotus

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2015, 12:03:24 pm »

The tuners would also have prevented EPG from updating, which is not the case.

MC did enter the block of code that would check both EPG updating and program cleanup.  The former was done.  The only thing that would prevent the cleanup code from being executed, after EPG loading is done, would be either a faulty timer (which is unlikely) or there are other non-TV things going on.

I added some additional logging for the next build. 

Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2015, 06:22:44 pm »

The reason is that we do call into the cleanup routine at MC shutdown time!  

Yaobing, does this mean that the cleanup routine is run if MC is running and Windows is shutdown?

Or would it require MC to be shutdown prior to shutting down Windows.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:38 pm »

Yaobing, does this mean that the cleanup routine is run if MC is running and Windows is shutdown?

Or would it require MC to be shutdown prior to shutting down Windows.

I don't know.  My guess is if Windows shuts down, it should give MC chance to close first, so it should work.  We can try it.  The log entries one would look for (in "Previous Log.txt") are "Running shutdown settings" and "CTVTunerHelper::CleanupPrograms" etc.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2015, 09:22:27 pm »

I set the log to run, then restarted Windows, which naturally first shuts down Windows.

Neither of those terms, or logical parts of them, appeared in either the "Log.txt" or "Previous Log.txt".

If I shut down MC21, but left the MC Server running, then both terms appeared in the "Log.txt" produced. There was no "Previous Log.txt" in this case. The log showed that recordings were being evaluated for deletion, although it didn't find any in this case.

So an automated overnight reboot of a MC PC wouldn't trigger a cleanup. Shame, as that would have been easy using Windows Task Scheduler.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2015, 09:43:07 pm »

So if someone leaves MC running all the time, allowing it to sleep, but reboots occasionally, as I do on my HTPC, the cleanup won't be triggered by the Windows shutdown, but should be triggered by the eight hour wait period.

If someone runs MC when required, and shuts it down at other times, the cleanup should be triggered even if the eight hour wait has not expired.

If someone always plays music or records or plays live TV all the time, and then shuts down the PC, which is DocLoutus' first modus operandi, then the cleanup won't be triggered.

But what if someone always plays music or records or plays live TV all the time, and then hibernates the PC, which is DocLoutus' second modus operandi, will the cleanup be triggered?
It should work the same as when the PC sleeps, but needs testing. I won't be testing this last one. Over to you DocLotus.

DocLotus

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2015, 10:24:09 pm »

If someone runs MC when required, and shuts it down at other times, the cleanup should be triggered even if the eight hour wait has not expired.

If someone always plays music or records or plays live TV all the time, and then shuts down the PC, which is DocLoutus' first modus operandi, then the cleanup won't be triggered.

But what if someone always plays music or records or plays live TV all the time, and then hibernates the PC, which is DocLoutus' second modus operandi, will the cleanup be triggered?
It should work the same as when the PC sleeps, but needs testing. I won't be testing this last one. Over to you DocLotus.

I'm not getting cleanup on any of the above three scenarios, my TV recording list just keeps getting bigger & bigger

I'm hoping the additional logging that Yaobing is including in the next version of MC will tell us exactly what is wrong with my MC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »

I'm not getting cleanup on any of the above three scenarios,

You aren't getting the cleanup process even in the second scenario? This one:

In that scenario "shuts it down" means just shutting down MC, not the whole PC. Did you run a test and log it, then check if the terms Yaobing mentioned turn up?
The log entries one would look for (in "Previous Log.txt") are "Running shutdown settings" and "CTVTunerHelper::CleanupPrograms" etc.

DocLotus

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

You aren't getting the cleanup process even in the second scenario? This one:
In that scenario "shuts it down" means just shutting down MC, not the whole PC. Did you run a test and log it, then check if the terms Yaobing mentioned turn up?

No cleanup of old TV recordings. Yes the cleanup process is running as the EPG is updated every day (always shows 12 full days of descriptions).

I did an MC shutdown (EXIT) & went out to lunch with Windows still running. Came back about an hour later & no TV recording cleanup. Even after 16 or more hours of MC loaded (with nothing playing) there was no TV recording cleanup.

Yaobing has my logs & he can see the cleanup process running (EPG updates) but there is no TV recording cleanup so he has added some more detailed code to the logging for the next version of MC to try to see what exactly is going on (or not going on).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2015, 02:20:07 pm »

When you closed MC, did you closed MC entirely, or just the GUI part (and leaving Media Server running)?

So far, the logs you sent me previously showed that timered cleanup was not happening, even though EPG loading happened.  My added logging (for a future build) will attempt to get a little more info about that.  However, I have not seen a log that shows a shutdown process.  So please send me a log that includes MC being shutdown.

You can shutdown MC.  Then restart it and immediately go to Help > Logging and press "Report problem...".

DocLotus

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2015, 03:29:12 pm »

When you closed MC, did you closed MC entirely, or just the GUI part (and leaving Media Server running)?

I did... File/Exit.

It then shows a small pop-up dialog saying "Updating database".

I checked Windows Task Manager & "MediaCenter Services" were gone.

Does that do it?

DocLotus

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »

You can shutdown MC.  Then restart it and immediately go to Help > Logging and press "Report problem...".

Done, Log sent.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2015, 04:35:02 pm »

Your log shows that upon exiting, MC did delete recently recorded shows.

13702188: 7856: TV: CTVTunerHelper::CleanupPrograms: Checking 53 recorded programs for deletion
13702188: 7856: TV: CTVTunerHelper::CleanupPrograms: 0 recordings found to have episode based deletion attribute
13702188: 7856: TV: CTVTunerHelper::CleanupPrograms: Found 3 programs to delete

Two of the three recordings were news, recorded yesterday.  The third one I can not determine the time it was recorded because the file name does not have date on it.  I assume it was also recorded yesterday.

So, this part is definitely working.  There is a chance that deleting a jtv recording may not be complete - some files may be left on your disk.  This is a long standing bug that I still have not found a solution for.  You can check whether the recordings that were made yesterday are still on your drive, or partially.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2015, 04:47:45 pm »

If you have older shows that are not being deleted, you need to know that you must still have the recording rules that those shows were recorded with.  When MC can not find a matching recording rule, it will leave a recording alone.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »

So the message here is don't delete One Time recording rules until after the associate program has also been deleted.

Also Yaobing, once all programs associated with a rule are deleted, isn't it correct that the One Time recording rule will also be deleted in a clean-up?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2015, 05:34:44 pm »

Also Yaobing, once all programs associated with a rule are deleted, isn't it correct that the One Time recording rule will also be deleted in a clean-up?

No.  We did not make it that smart.  The program-based one time recording rules are remove a long time (more than a year) after they are created.  You are right.  It can be as simple as checking 1. the rule has expired, and 2. the recording has already been deleted.

DocLotus

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2015, 06:12:22 pm »

Hmmm... I have not made any changes to my recording rules in several days yet there are still 16 recordings from yesterday (9-28) on both my HD & in MC's TV Recordings screen. In fact, there are a total of 43 recordings going back to 9-21 that have not been deleted are showing up on both screens.

DocLotus

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »

What does the Type "Cancelled" in the following JPEG mean?  Are they the deleted TV recordings?

I have seen that show up only seldom (it has been over a week since last time).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »

What does the Type "Cancelled" in the following JPEG mean?  Are they the deleted TV recordings?

No, those are recordings that you have cancelled. Once a recording rule is created, it can be cancelled, through several methods.

The fact that they have been cancelled isn't the strange thing. The really strange thing is that they don't have a Name, and all but one don't have any other details. How did you do that???

PS: I would probably just delete all those cancelled recordings to clean out the recording rules database, and hope that fixes some of your other issues.

DocLotus

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2015, 07:28:14 pm »

No, those are recordings that you have cancelled. Once a recording rule is created, it can be cancelled, through several methods.

Thanks for the info.

The fact that they have been cancelled isn't the strange thing. The really strange thing is that they don't have a Name, and all but one don't have any other details. How did you do that???

I did nothing; they just showed up this afternoon right after I did a "File/Exit" & re-loaded MC (just before I sent the latest Log to Yaobing). Each time they do show up they always look as you have seen them (no name, etc).

PS: I would probably just delete all those cancelled recordings to clean out the recording rules database, and hope that fixes some of your other issues.

That's exactly what I do every time they show up otherwise they hang around for awhile.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »

There is something seriously wrong going on then. Maybe Yaobing can shed some light on what it is.

DocLotus

« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

There is something seriously wrong going on then. Maybe Yaobing can shed some light on what it is.

No kidding :'(

I'm hoping that the next build of MC (with Yaobing's additional logging code) may shed some light on the issue.

DocLotus

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2015, 01:51:18 pm »

New Log sent for build 21.0.11.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »

This one still shows that MC did clean up recordings upon closing (it did delete one recording that was recorded yesterday).

MC was run for less than an hour, there is no timered cleanup.  When you have run MC for more than 8 hours, we may be able to see whether there is anything related to the periodic cleanup.

No old recordings were deleted, most likely due to MC not being able to find any recording rules that correspond to the recordings.  Maybe your recording rules database file is corrupt somewhat.

If you look at your hard drive where the recordings are, you should find that recordings of recent days are gone. 

DocLotus

« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2015, 03:30:55 pm »

If you look at your hard drive where the recordings are, you should find that recordings of recent days are gone.

Nope... still have recording for every day since Sep 21st.

DocLotus

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »

The final two images...

DocLotus

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2015, 03:33:42 pm »

I can delete ALL current recordings if that would help? Maybe that would give us a "clean start"?

DocLotus

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:17 pm »

MC was run for less than an hour, there is no timered cleanup.  When you have run MC for more than 8 hours, we may be able to see whether there is anything related to the periodic cleanup.

I'm leaving it run for at least 8 hrs now.  Will send another Log after 8 hrs are up.

DocLotus

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »

Had a "Light Bulb Goes off in my Head moment".

Could this be the problem?...
I record several shows with similar names such as...

1: KPRC Channel Two News at 4.
2: KPRC Channel Two News at 5.
3: KPRC Channel Two News at 10.
4: NCIS.
5: NCIS New Orleans.
6: NCIS Los Angeles.

As that would normally require 6 separate Recording Rules, I discovered that simply creating 2 rules (one for KPRC Channel Two News, & one simply for NCIS that ALL KPRC Channel Two News & NCIS programs would record correctly.

Upon looking at the files on my HD I believe "simplifying" the rules may be the problem as the actual HD files are not listed as simply KPRC Channel Two News but as...
1: KPRC Channel Two News at 4.
2: KPRC Channel Two News at 5.
3: KPRC Channel Two News at 10.

I suspect as the file names on disk do not match up with the Rules Name that is why it is not being cleaned. The few that have been cleaned did match up correctly.

Does that make sense?  Can that be the problem?.

If so, the rules are too stringent as to not allow a little "leeway" in the naming.  That means that each Rule must be an EXACT MATCH in order to work... a little too "you better cross your T's & dot your I's" for me.

Maybe the Rules naming needs to be a little "looser"?

What do you think :o

DocLotus

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2015, 04:49:10 pm »

Having a very struck Rule naming convention (as it currently exist) means that shows like PBS Nature series will have to have many Rules (almost one for each episode) as PBS often adds a little to the name for each episode. This mean that a PBS series will almost never match up & won't get cleaned.  THAT is a problem :'(

It needs to also work with something as simple as "Nature" in order to record all the Nature series.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2015, 05:28:07 pm »

I am not sure if the rule is the problem, but it seems unlikely.

Anyway, the log you sent this morning clearly shows that this file:

F:\Video\JRiver\TV Recording\KPRC Channel 2 News at Noon 2015-09-30\KPRC Channel 2 News at Noon 2015-09-30.jtv

was deleted.  But I do see it (its folder anyway) listed on one of the screenshots. 

There are two possibilities - either the files are deleted, but the deletion is incomplete, or deletion failed completely.  I mentioned the cause of the first case in a previous post.  You can test this in two ways.  Firstly look for the recordings that are supposed to have been deleted in MC's library.  If you find it, see if you still can play it.  When a recording is deleted by MC, it should not remain in the library.  Secondly, open the folder of each recording and see how many files are there.  A complete set of files (i.e. nothing deleted) should include a .jtv file, a .jta file, a .jts file, a couple of .jti and .jtf files, a .jtr file, and a whole bunch of .jta.cnk and .jts.cnk files.

DocLotus

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

I am not sure if the rule is the problem, but it seems unlikely.

Anyway, the log you sent this morning clearly shows that this file:

F:\Video\JRiver\TV Recording\KPRC Channel 2 News at Noon 2015-09-30\KPRC Channel 2 News at Noon 2015-09-30.jtv

was deleted.  But I do see it (its folder anyway) listed on one of the screenshots.  

There are two possibilities - either the files are deleted, but the deletion is incomplete, or deletion failed completely.  I mentioned the cause of the first case in a previous post.  You can test this in two ways.  Firstly look for the recordings that are supposed to have been deleted in MC's library.  If you find it, see if you still can play it.  When a recording is deleted by MC, it should not remain in the library.  Secondly, open the folder of each recording and see how many files are there.  A complete set of files (i.e. nothing deleted) should include a .jtv file, a .jta file, a .jts file, a couple of .jti and .jtf files, a .jtr file, and a whole bunch of .jta.cnk and .jts.cnk files.

All the files are still there AND it plays, so clearly it was NOT cleaned or deleted.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »

So your log says that the program was deleted but it wasn't.

This is starting to look very odd.  Something else is happening.  Drive problem or security software or something like that.

You mentioned September 21.  Did anything change on your machine around that time?

What is the drive?  Sorry if you said above.

DocLotus

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2015, 06:57:24 pm »

So your log says that the program was deleted but it wasn't.

This is starting to look very odd.  Something else is happening.  Drive problem or security software or something like that.

You mentioned September 21.  Did anything change on your machine around that time?

What is the drive?  Sorry if you said above.

Only using default Defender & it is set to ignore all MC files as per one of the threads outlining how to set it up.

The drives are new WD 2 TB. Have had no problems with them in fact use them as backup drives with Macrium Reflect Backup program which won't back up to a bad drive as it will report an error of which I've got none so far.

Sep 21st is only how far back the TV Recordings go. All recording after 1 day should be deleted as that is how I have all my Rules set up. So all recordings from Sep 21 through Sep 29 should be gone but are not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up