INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Media Center Remote with Windows 10  (Read 7141 times)

lowjoel

• World Citizen
The Media Center Remote with Windows 10
« on: September 11, 2015, 07:50:48 pm »

Hey guys,

I just upgraded my PC to Windows 10 following some corruption on my Windows 7 install.

After upgrading, using Theatre View, the first few minutes work fine, but subsequent button presses just seem to be ignored by the application. The keyboard arrow keys continue to work, however.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I'm running MC 21 build 2 (I'll go upgrade to build 6 now and have a go again..)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: The Media Center Remote with Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 03:46:26 am »

work ok for me ... might want to try and re-learn the buttons under options=>remote. Might be faster than trying to figure out what went awry?

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 03:47:35 am »

Not that the buttons don't work, it's more that the buttons stop working after a while. With 'a while' ranging from the second button press after boot, to maybe 30 seconds.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:40:10 am »

Wait, it's not about using the IR blaster. I can't use the remote with Theatre View.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 03:09:12 pm »

Do the keyboard shortcut keys still work?

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 07:33:25 pm »

Yeah, I can navigate theatre view with the keyboard arrow keys, I can switch out to normal mode using Ctrl+1, but the buttons on the remote don't work.

I've tried to change the Selected Input Devices on the Remote Devices and Options page MCE, Keyboard, IRMAN, USB-UUIRT but it doesn't seem to change anything.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 10:55:34 pm »

Put some brand new, you know that they are fresh, not expired yet or getting close to Use-By date, batteries into the remote control.

Working now?

(You would be surprised how often this fixes this sort of problem, even though the remote previously worked fine. Try it.)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 07:22:33 pm »

D'oh. It didn't occur to me since the receiver still showed the red lamp every time I pressed a button on the remote, so looks like the remote was blasting nonsense.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 07:42:02 pm »

;D ;D ;D I've been caught by that one before. I have even changed batteries to what I thought were good ones, but weren't. The hint was "the first few minutes work fine".

Spread the word if ever you see a similar question. I have been abused for suggesting it before, and no doubt will again, but often people just quietly go away and never admit that the batteries were the problem.  ::)

So I'm glad it fixed your problem, and thanks for letting us know!  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up