INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Importing MP3 Files (Resolved)  (Read 1610 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Problem Importing MP3 Files (Resolved)
« on: September 26, 2015, 01:27:39 pm »

I downloaded 10 MP3 files from a CD and put them in a folder. I tried to import them into my MC database but failed. I used "Tools>Import>Import a single folder", selected the folder that held the files, and checked "Data".

"Audio" and "Video" were already blackened so I left them that way.

The files did not import.

I have always had a problem importing MP3 files into my library. How can I import MP3 files?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem Importing MP3 Files
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 01:53:40 pm »

This makes little sense.  Mp3's are audio, not data...are you sure you're allowing MC to access MP3 files? Mic you click on audio it should bring up a list of all the different audio types, maybe MP3 is somehow unchecked?

Do you have MC disallowed from seeing MP3 in the file types association?

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problem Importing MP3 Files (Resolved)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:23:31 pm »

After trying various approaches, here's what finally worked for me:

1. Go to Tools>Import.  Media Import box appears.

2. In the Media Import box, select "Import a single folder" and click "Next". Another Media Import box appears.

3. In that Media Import box, click "Browse" and browse to the folder containing the files to be imported. If the files to be imported are MP3 files, place a checkmark in "Audio".

4. At the bottom of the Media Import box, clear "Ignore special files..." and then click "Finish". If the import was successful, MC will report the number of files imported.

It sure seems like I did this at the start of my problem but maybe not, or maybe I had "Ignore special files..." enabled, or "Data" checked, or some combination of those two. I always thought an MP3 file was a data file.  ?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116
Pages: [1]   Go Up