INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: DTCP-IP Implememtation to support copy once cable card channels  (Read 2151 times)

Gustovier

• Recent member

If you all really want to take over the gap left from windows media center then you need to implement the capability to watch and store copy once cable card channels.  This could be done with Implememtimg dtcp-ip and using a silicondust cable card tuner.   The only two companies doing this now is cyberlink with their softdma Dlna streaming windows app and now silicon dust themselves.  I think you all have a much more mature product and you could greatly increase your revenue having this feature. Of course your development cost will rise as you need to procure Dtcp keys and then I believe you'll have to adjust your pricing to past the individual key cost on to the customer if you don't want to eat it.

allencoleman

I would like to second this feature request for implementation of support for cable card channels.  Now that Windows Media Center is being phased out, I have looking for a long-term replacement for the television PVR component of WMC.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up