INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Physical remote control with Renderer (Classe CP800)  (Read 3432 times)

matty

• Recent member
Using Physical remote control with Renderer (Classe CP800)
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:12:57 am »

I have recently upgraded my Classe CP800 to Mk2 and now connect to JRiver via Ethernet rather than  USB. The physical remote control for the CP800 worked fine under USB (pause, stop, next, previous) but does not work under dlna.

I use JRemote on my ipad to control the system which is great for selecting what to play but tiresome for pausing to answer the phone or skip tracks.

I have configured JRiver with a dlna server set as Audiophile 24 bit and associated it with the CP 800 zone. It makes little difference if I have "ignore transport events" on or off. However pause and stop both result in the next track being played.

Am I mistaken thinking that dlna supports remote controls on the renderer?  It is far easier to using a physical remote to pause than open/wake the ipad, hope that fingerprint security works, open jriver, then pause.

Does the renderer pass the control codes it receives from its own remote back to the dlna server and if so how does the server process these? It’s clear from my tests that some information is being sent back to JRiver. Is it possible to use the remote control setup in options to interpret these? There doesn’t seem to be a device option for data received from a renderer.

Any idea how I get the transport controls on the Classe remote to work?

Thanks

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using Physical remote control with Renderer (Classe CP800)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:00:35 pm »

You can't.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

matty

• Recent member
Re: Using Physical remote control with Renderer (Classe CP800)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 08:36:00 am »

OK, thanks. I assume this is because the dlna protocol does not support this. is there any likely-hood of this being implemented by the alliance?

Further investigation has revealed that I have full control via a physical remote when pulling data from the JRiver server, tested by using my Sony BD player to listen to music connecting via the Sony.

However when sending data to the Sony from JRiver music plays fine but the Sony remote control does not work correctly, as you predict.

What puzzles me is that there is some data flowing from the Classe (or Sony) back to the JRiver server as some controls on the remote do have an effect but not the expected one. Can the data being returned be trapped and acted upon?
Pages: [1]   Go Up