INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleep is disabled after TV Recording  (Read 2432 times)

Mogul

• Recent member
Sleep is disabled after TV Recording
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:06 am »

Currently using MC 21.0.09.  Television recording works well.  However, I have my HTPC set up to sleep after an hour of inactivity and this works great except after the TV recording is finished.  The reporter shows the power status to be: "TV recording (disable automatic sleep, disable deep sleep)"  Up until my upgrade to version 21, about a week ago, I was using version 19 and the HTPC would return to sleep after recording.  Is there a way to have the system resume sleep once the TV recording has finished?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Sleep is disabled after TV Recording
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:04:31 am »

We have not made any change in power management for a long time.  So I am not sure what to make of this.  I will do some testing on my computer though.  What should have happened is that after TV recording is over sleep is re-enabled.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mogul

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 12:45:51 pm »

Thanks Yaobing for revisiting this.   Forgot to mention, my HTPC OS is Windows 7 SP1

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:04:50 pm »

Next time it happens, and is reported in The Reporter that way, check Options/Television/Advanced/Show Status and see if any tuners are reported as in use.

There is a known, and maybe not yet fixed problem with releasing TV tuners sometimes.

If you could get a log of when this happens, it may help a lot of people who see this problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mogul

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 05:20:04 pm »

I've enabled logging and scheduled another TV recording in follow up to RoderickGI's recommendations.  Finding the same status for Disabled sleep after TV Recording.  Checked the status of the tuners (Using an InfiniTV 4 PCIe card), and they are all showing idle/OpenCable.  Log sent through dropbox.
Pages: [1]   Go Up