INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I make a favorite list with my favorite album?  (Read 4225 times)

m.g

How do I make a favorite list with my favorite album?
« on: October 02, 2015, 02:30:45 am »

How do I make a favorite "folder" / Library where I can have only my favorite album?
And so I can get them in the theater "view" on the screen when I want to listen to only my favorite album?

Hope I can get help with this!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: How do I make a favorite list with my favorite album?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 06:51:37 am »

would it be a playlist
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:44:22 am »

I'm guessing you want albums as in more than one.  Are you wanting to play the entire album or a mix of songs from just a select few?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »

i did it with a view and a checkbox custom field, better than a playlist for a nice theatre view IMO

go into tools>options>Library & Folders>Manage Library fields
add new field (i named mine faves).  set the data to User Data, data type string, edit type Check

now go into Audio (standard view) and right click, add library view (call it the same thing as your library field).  for mine i chose the albums view, but 3d might be nice too if you're not gonna have hundreds of albums in there

once it's made, right click it and customize view

on the left side, it should say Album.  in the middle, uncheck "use parent scheme rules..." and then click "set rules for file display"
in that menu, you'll see an empty rule (3 empty boxes).  now, write faves in the first box (or whatever you called your custom field).  in the second box, choose IS NOT.  in the last box choose <empty> (so now the 3 boxes will say "faves is not <empty>")
click ok

now go into any standard view that you like, select all of your favourite albums (or tracks), tag the files, and set the value of "faves" to 1

now go into tools>optons>theater view, select the word "audio" in the left column, then click add>library item from standard view, then choose the new view "faves" that you made
click ok, go into theatre view and the new view appears under audio, with only the albums that you've checked as favourites.  you can check or uncheck files with ease and they will either appear or not appear based on that

from here, you can design the view to look like anything you want

hope that makes sense, let me know if you need any more help.  i use this view a little bit, it looks really nice in theatre view

m.g

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:35:08 am »

Thanks ferday!
It works well to follow your instructions.
Now I have one favorite folder with my favorite albums!
Pages: [1]   Go Up