INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double album into one on MC 20, Windows 8.1?  (Read 3046 times)

eljr

• World Citizen
Double album into one on MC 20, Windows 8.1?
« on: October 05, 2015, 07:54:31 am »

How do I combine a double album into one?

Does not appear to be a simple drag and drop.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Double album into one on MC 20, Windows 8.1?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:22:09 am »

If the tags are the same (album artist (auto), artist, album, year) AND they reside in the same parent folder they will be considered one album

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:52:39 pm »

I think you also have to sequentially number the tracks (Track No), and set the same the Disk N of M tags too.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 04:06:10 pm »

Quote from: ferday
If the tags are the same (album artist (auto), artist, album, year) AND they reside in the same parent folder they will be considered one album

I think you also have to sequentially number the tracks (Track No), and set the same the Disk N of M tags too.

I think you guys are mixing two things together here.  For MC to display an album as a single entity, it just needs the same:  Album, Album Artist (or Album Artist (auto) ).  That's it.

As a test, I just changed track #1, disc #1 of The Best Of The Doors to Track 100, Disc 12, Year 1958.  It stayed in the same album as displayed.  But it changed position.  :)

Some of the things you guys are talking about with sequentially numbered tracks and the same folder are requirements for MC's algorithm for trying to tell you which albums are *complete*.  This does not affect how MC displays tracks in an album though.  All it needs are the two above fields to be the same. 

For sorting purposes, on a multi-disc set, you absolutely want the track numbers to be correct, and the disc numbers to be correct.  Though total discs is not used for sorting as far as I know.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 04:07:57 pm »

To the OP:

If you are having trouble figuring out how to fix your double album and make it display as one album, please post a screen shot of the two discs/albums showing their Album, Album Artist, Disc #, and Track # columns.  (and any other fields that you think are relevant).

With that, we can probably show you how to make them appear as a single album.  :)

Brian.

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:43 pm »

I figured out how to get them in one folder but they come in with two #1 tracks, two #2 tracks, three #3 tracks...

I'd like them in order.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

Folder doesn't matter at all.  If you mean "folder" as in the directory on disk where they are located.

The numbering is controlled by the Track # *and* the Disc # fields.  I'm guessing you don't have a Disc # set on any of the songs.  What you want to do, is highlight all of the songs on disc 1.  Then open the tagging pane (Alt-enter) and set the Disc # field to "1" (no quotes).

Then highlight all of the tracks from disc 2 and do the same, but set the Disc # to "2" (no quotes).

They should then sort properly.

Good luck to you.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up