INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple mp3s from explorer open in Windows Media Player  (Read 1317 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
Multiple mp3s from explorer open in Windows Media Player
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:56:22 pm »

I have MC set as default for most everything, including mp3s, but when I select multiple mp3s and hit enter in File Explorer (Windows 8.1), they play in WMP, even though the icon is MC and it says Media Center file under "type" in Explorer. Single mp3s open in MC, as do single and multiple WAVs.

Any ideas? I also had this problem on my old PC running Vista.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple mp3s from explorer open in Windows Media Player
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:31:21 am »

Here's an idea:  Use MC to view, browse, sort, and search your music.  That's what it's designed for:  To make finding your music easy and customized to how YOU think about your collection.  It's the most powerful software I've ever seen for navigating collections of media (music).

I know MC has windows explorer shell integration.  I know it's a supported feature.  I know a good number of people use that feature a lot.  I just can't figure out why anyone would buy the most powerful library manager on the planet and then NOT use it's library features, choosing instead to navigate via windows explorer.

But I'm not here to argue.  Just trying to give you an alternative perspective and maybe a gentle shove towards using MC in the way it was intended.  If you give it a *real* solid try, I'll bet  you'll like it.  :)

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up