INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THX Studio Pro Setup  (Read 2457 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
THX Studio Pro Setup
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:45:48 pm »

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. After installing MC I proceeded to set up my sound including THX Studio Pro for my 7.1 surround system. Problem is for some reason THX Studio Pro installed OK & will load except everything is grayed out & looks kind of blurry.

When loading THX I get a dialog saying "The current audio device is disabled, etc.".

It worked flawlessly in Win 8.1.

I have searched many web sites for what can be causing the problem but most information on THX is really awful including the ones at Creative who provides the driver.

My sound card is RealAudio HD built into the ASUS motherboard.

The reason I'm asking about THX on this Forum is because of the high level of audio experience by many of the members.

Any ideas ?

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

MrSavageSK

• Recent member
Re: THX Studio Pro Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:12:37 am »

windows 8.1 is NOT the same as WX....and they redid everything audio-wise..so really...you may have to wait till they upgrade your software to make it compatible with WX. I had a few issues with some of my music software with WX, so i went back to W7. It's far too early into WX's lifetime to expect much out of it, at least untill the service packs start coming out in a few months. It's at the point where it's fun to try, but for any practical reason, it isn't practical, yet.

Also my other main issue with WX was that my sound settings for 7.1 would never stay, it always reverted back to stereo. It still does it with W7, but not nearly as often as with WX.

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: THX Studio Pro Setup
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:24:24 am »

windows 8.1 is NOT the same as WX....and they redid everything audio-wise..so really...you may have to wait till they upgrade your software to make it compatible with WX. I had a few issues with some of my music software with WX, so i went back to W7. It's far too early into WX's lifetime to expect much out of it, at least untill the service packs start coming out in a few months. It's at the point where it's fun to try, but for any practical reason, it isn't practical, yet.

Also my other main issue with WX was that my sound settings for 7.1 would never stay, it always reverted back to stereo. It still does it with W7, but not nearly as often as with WX.

WX? You referring to Windows 10?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up